Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2018, 01:53 PM
    Start stop feature on new cars
    Is it out yet, a way to disable the start stop thing on the new cars, my traverse, should be a way to un hook a wire or add a thing to perfectly disable it, maybe if GM starts to lose sales to ford they will make a change
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 22, 2018, 01:59 PM
    Leave it in gear and don't apply the brake and it normally stays running.
    The start/stop feature only kicks in at certain times, so just don't do the things that trigger it.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 22, 2018, 06:06 PM
    Read your manual. I just bought a new car, and it says that if my brake pedal isn’t fully pressed down, then the auto stop won’t engage. I also have a button to push to disable the feature.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2018, 10:54 AM
    Can you explain a little, trying to understand? If Start/Stopped Button was pressed while driving it would die, Not good, A Safety feature.
    Are you wanting to open the door while engine running?
    Trying to understand the problem thanks.
    Is this where when stopped at a light or somewhere, engine dies, then when you press the Gas, it starts back up? Thanks Anyone
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 28, 2018, 07:18 PM
    teacherjenn4 is correct here: read the manual. I am no longer surprised to know how many people simply haven't given that little book any appreciation.
    Features and personalization choices may need set up.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2018, 09:38 AM
    I see now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I start drinking I can not stop. [ 19 Answers ]

When I start drinking I can not quit. I need help.

When did they start using computers in cars? [ 7 Answers ]

Are there any cars that do not have computers?

Blades stop turning as soon as I start cutting, but then start again after I back up, [ 1 Answers ]

bolens st160 took blades off2sharpen. When I go2mow it stops after few feet; iback offthe taller grass theblades start turning again, but then I go forward and after a few feet it stops mowing again. The belt clutch loosens the belt but then tightens up again and so on... never had a problem until...

Mower won't stop or start [ 0 Answers ]

I have a lawn mower. Not sure the brand or model but it appears very clean and in good condition. We have great difficulty turning off the engine once started. There's a bar at the top that activates a cable, and I believe this shuts off the engine and brings it up to full throttle. When we push...

View more questions Search