Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karly_brown1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2018, 05:55 PM
    Approximate Probability
    Hello, I'm really struggling with this calculus homework. Please help!

According to the 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation, there were over 71 million wildlife watchers in the US. Of these wildlife watchers, the survey reports that 80% actively observed mammals. Suppose that one of the census workers repeated the survey with a simple random sample of only 500 wildlife watchers that same year.

Assuming that the original survey's 80% claim is correct, what is the approximate probability that between 79% and 81% of the 500 sampled wildlife watchers actively observed mammals in 2011?

a.) P(0.79< p ^ ​ <0.81)≈0.46

b.) P(0.79< p ^ ​ <0.81)≈0.54

c.) P(0.79< p ^ ​ <0.81)≈0.65

d.) P(0.79< p ^ ​ <0.81)≈0.42
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2018, 04:22 AM
    This is your homework, show us your work and what you think the answer is and why. Those are this sites rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age and approximate value of sewing machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward rough surface dark brown electric sewing machine in a cabinet with a knee depresser. When plugged in the motor makes a humming sound, the cord is frayed, nothing moves. I plan to get a new motor with cord and have the machine serviced and restored to running condition. ...

Today's approximate value [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently received a ROVATKAY painting 0f what the painter perceived what MOSES looked liked It came with a written appraisal dated January 1969 of $375.00 The original oil is a large painting of a man with a long beard an a lot of hair. It is in a large frame. Which is in good condition. I...

Approximate EtG times [ 8 Answers ]

Just curious as to what the average time it takes for EtG to get out of your body is? I have heard many different time lengths and am just curious as to what the consensus is. Thanks

What is the approximate value for this print? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the approximate value for a print of Route en Automne - France by Marie Tginday? The print is approximately 24" X 24", in excellent condition, professionally mounted, and framed. The name of the print, the circle indicating it's a print, and the painters signature are all clearly seen. ...

View more questions Search