Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karly_brown1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2018, 05:47 PM
    Mean and Standard Deviation of the Sampling Distribution
    Hi, I'm really having trouble with this math homework! Help please!

A machine automatically dispenses a beverage of a desired size. When set to "small," the machine dispenses varying amounts of liquid with a mean of 275 mL and standard deviation of 10 mL. Suppose that we take random samples of 5 of these drinks and calculate the mean amount of liquid x¯ in each sample. We can assume that individual drinks are independent.

Calculate the mean and standard deviation of the sampling distribution of Calculate the mean and standard deviation of the sampling distribution of x¯.

x¯.

μx¯​= ____ mL a.) 275 b.) 280 c.) 10 d.) 555

σx¯= ____ mL a.) 10 b.) 3472 c.) 4.0 d.) 4.472
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2018, 04:22 AM
    This is your homework, show us your work and what you think the answer is and why. Those are this sites rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find the sampling distribution of the sample mean. Standard deviation=$7.61 mean=$78. [ 0 Answers ]

Find the sampling distribution of the sample mean. Standard deviation=$7.61 mean=$78.01. The mean > $78.01

Sampling distribution [ 0 Answers ]

A national survey interviewed 3,800 people age 18 and older nationwide by telephone. One question asked was the annual income of the person. Of those surveyed, the average annual income was found to be $42,010. A statistic in this situation is

normal distribution, standard deviation, mean, probability... all in my problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am using Mathematica 8 for my stat class... I am completely lost. Just too old to be taking a math class. I need to find someone who can walk me through solving a couple of problems. It is important that I understand this before I move on with the class. Here is the first (3part) problem:...

Find the standard deviation for the given probability distribution. [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that a researcher randomly selects 14 newborn babies and counts the number of girls selected, x. The probabilities corresponding to the 14 possible values of x are summarized in the given table. Answer the question using the table. Probabilities of Girls

View more questions Search