Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athayurdhamah Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2018, 04:10 AM
    Alcoholic Diseases
    Some men, though they consume alcohol once a week, the amount that they consume is quite large. It is observed that such men develop liver problem earlier than those who consume alcohol daily (or regularly) but in a controlled amount. Why is it so?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2018, 04:32 AM
    What leads you to believe that it is so?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2018, 07:38 AM
    Binge drinking is hard on the liver because it attacks the liver all at once. There are also other factors involved. Male or female? Binge drinking for a male is 5 drinkis within a 2 hour period, women it’s 4 drinks in the same amount of time. Weight also plays a factor as an obese person may already have a fatty liver.

With th all of that said, your question is too vague to answer appropriately.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2018, 08:00 AM
    If this is homework, I’m willing to help you, but I’m not going to give you the answers.

Mar 19, 2018, 11:19 PM
    Hi Talaniman,

Thanks for the response. I can explain.

In people, who consume a large amount of alcohol occasionally, we observe that they have chances of acute alcoholic intoxification.

That's why I am concerned about this issue because I also intake alcohol occasionally.

Mar 19, 2018, 11:40 PM
    Thanks, J 9

Your opinion to the discussion is helpful and I must appreciate it.

But in case of people who consume alcohol routinely, the symptoms could be in milder form but then they would be persistent. When someone consumes alcohol routinely, the alcohol creates some chemical changes in his liver.

But in short, I completely agree with your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diseases [ 1 Answers ]

Will limu juice heal an std

Please tell me diseases name [ 1 Answers ]

I have one diseases, I checked lot of doctor ,but no one able to identify my diseases, I am geeting like fits , but not proper fits, Its coming only for few second, on that time my body is moving(L to R and R to L) ,specially my head , some time head to till my hand is moving some time full...

Diseases [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone explain how STD are created, in basic terms ? Ive heard of mild versions which only cause rashing or itching. Compared to things like HPV and HIV. I heard once before, that most people have some type of bacteria on them, at any given time. But our skin, and immune system prevent the...

Family Diseases [ 17 Answers ]

I saw a post earlier about Crohn's Disease, and it made me think of a question. My mother has Crohn's Disease. A pretty bad case actually. How likely is it that me or one of my children will get it? My little brother also has Diabetes. How likely is it that me or one of my children will...

Timber diseases [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me with different types of timber defects, pest & diseases.

View more questions Search