Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucillemays11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2018, 05:23 PM
    How do you Measure static electricity in carpet fibers?
    How do you Measure static electricity in carpet fibers like 100% BCF Nylon, 50% BCF Triexta/50% BCF Pet, 100% purecolor solution dyed BCF polyester, 100% polyester, 100% BCF pet polyester, 50% BCF triexta/ 50% BCF pet, 100% pet polyester, and 50% triexta/ 50% pet? Or is there a study out there that already has the information?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2018, 06:28 PM
    You need a static charge meter. We used them in the assembly of 155MM howitzer detonators. We needed to make sure that the clothing did not generate enough static electricity to set off the primer. Only cotton was allowed, dragged a chain, steel work benches. Ours were walk through. Search "static electricity measuring tools"
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 20, 2018, 11:27 AM
    Are you asking about capacitance of the fibers ? The static electricity is always going to vary in voltage and stregnth because of outside influences such as atmosphere and ground conditions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove static electricity in the office [ 3 Answers ]

We get a lot of static electricity in our office and an electrician visited and said we should put rubber mats underneath our computer towers (as they rest on the floor). I have been looking round but apparently we don't need a grounding mat as it isn't relevant but I wondered if you could advise...

Static electricity zaps computer... from almost ANYWHERE! [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment with my fiancé. We use the master bedroom for our bedroom, of course, and the second bedroom for the computer room. We both have complete computer systems in that room, plugged into different outlets on different walls. The whole side of the apartment that the...

Static Electricity Zap in the Shower [ 4 Answers ]

What can you do if someone is getting Static Electricity Zap while in the Shower when she touches the knob? How can you eliminate the static Zap?

We have a lot of static electricity. [ 1 Answers ]

Someone worked on my parents house awhile ago and they mentioned that my parents could have a lot of built up electricity running through the house. It was a satellite TV installer, so I am not sure if that is possible. The lines hold as much electricity as they can then we turn stuff on. ...

Static electricity of a trampoline [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what methods I could do to prove there is static electricity in a trampoline without having to buy anything?

View more questions Search