Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2018, 12:09 PM
    Replacing old rubber window gaskets
    My home windows are the old accordian style. I want to replace the rubber piece (gasket) that runs around the window. Besides trying to find the right size is there anything special I need to know to do this. Does it stay put when pushed into the groove or does it need silicone or something?
    Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2018, 06:36 PM
    Hopes this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udzVPbS_rW4

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet won't stop leaking after replacing all gaskets [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I consider myself a fairly competent do-it-yourselfer. I've replaced wax rings, flappers, and fill valves before. So, I know my way around a toilet. This problem has got me utterly baffled. I have a vintage 70s blue American Standard toilet. A few months ago, the tank started leaking into...

Replacing a rubber hose or give me idea's [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a single mom and have moved into an older home. My problem is under the kitchen sink.The standard plumbing hose is clamped to a rubber hose and the same hose is clamped to the copper piping.This is starting to leak,I need to know how to fix this myself as cannot afford a plumber.Hope this makes...

Replacing a basement window [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace my basement windows with vinel windows I have the windows already and it says to install with 2 1/2 finishing nails through the frame. I thought they would come with predrilled holes to use screws. But all it says is to use the finishing nails. Do I use the nails or drill...

Replacing Gapco window [ 1 Answers ]

I have a double paned, 30" by 30" vinyl Gapco window that needs replacing. This is the lower half of the total window. What's the best way to find a replacement?

View more questions Search