Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    five00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2018, 09:56 AM
    Second hand smoke - pot or something else
    I am writing with a real concern for myself and my fellow tenants, we live in a small building of 12 that has a kind of circular inside so all the smells, breezes etc are circulated through the building, we have one resident that is a big pot smoker and recently is smoking or burning something stronger, we all get sick with the same symptoms at the same time: immediate sinus leakaage followed by sinus blockage, pain, literally cannot blow our noses until the next day, our tongues get very tingly and benedryl gives little relief until the next day, also stomach and bowel interruptions happen a few days later - we have ruled out allergies, mold and any other allergen that could be causing this, the from the user's apartment is very strong - does any of this sound familiar to inhaling any kind of drug smoke?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2018, 11:12 AM
    I don't know but it could be anything from a meth lab to a lousy cook, or dirty fireplace usage, or just BAD ventilation. Call the landlord, a cop, or code compliance. A health hazard is a health hazard. Act IMMEDIATELY.

Really surprised you haven't called somebody already!
    five00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2018, 08:48 PM
    We have called and asked landlord to help us - landlord is very difficult to deal with - police have removed pothead once returned him a week later, now his drug habit is much more severe - thank you for this information, at least we have something to work with now, will write back when we have more info

No fireplaces in any units
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2018, 10:34 AM
    Pots a very distinctive odor, smell it once and you've never misidentify it again. Particularly if you or any neighbors are subject to drug screening, speak up, because they won't buy that as an excuse. And well, a meth lab is a whole level of seriously hazardous in its own right and serious reason for concern between toxic fumes and toxic waste contamination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second hand cocaine smoke [ 7 Answers ]

Will riding in a car with someone who is smoking cocaine have any effect on me?

Second hand weed smoke.. [ 1 Answers ]

I took a hair test for weed and was told I was positive. Its 11/19/13 I haven't smoked since 4/17/13. My wife has a medical card and smokes regularly. They doctor said I had a trace of thc level of 1.7 is that enough to say I been smoking myself or just been around it?

Second hand smoke [ 0 Answers ]

I was in the house two days ago with two friends when they smoked a joint. The window was open and the ceiling fans were on. I stood off in the side room. I could smell it faintly. I have took a home urine test it was clean. Just worried if I would pass a hair test if I get a random at work.

Second hand smoke [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get second hand smoke from a smoker or marijuana smoker by KISSING them Scenario: you kiss someone who has just smoked, you can taste it and the smoke is still being breathed from that person's lungs Scenario 2: several days after a person has smoked they still breath out...

Second hand smoke [ 1 Answers ]

Will second hand smoke from marijuana or crack cocaine effect a hair follicle drug test? How about if you have oral sex or kissing with a user but you don't use drugs, can their saliva pass drugs into your body that will show up in a hair follicle drug test?

View more questions Search