Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2018, 07:28 PM
    Conecting 3 wire 110 V to 4 wire transfer swich
    Connect 110V gen. to 4 wire transfer switch.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 15, 2018, 02:24 AM
    Okay, I give up! What is your question?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2018, 03:39 PM
    Since houses are designed for 240VAC, hooking up a 120 VAC generator is not recommended. Only 1/2 of your panel will work and jumpering both can overload the system. Why not a 240 generator? BTW, 110 isn't in use today.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2018, 06:42 AM
    You could have a Jumper between the 2 Hots. All of your 120 Volts will work, you want to turn off any 240 Volt Breakers. Just Turn on Light/Fan on in the room you're using. Turn off when leaving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire just the light to dimmer swich not the fan [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP I already have the dimmer swich in wall to the ceiling fan. It worked great till I had to replace the fan pull swich the all went south. The ceiling can light fixture came unwired when I was woriking with the fan swich and have no clue were the blace and white wires go I wired the white...

How to wire ceiling fan light to dimmer wall swich and not the fan [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP I already have the dimmer swich in wall to the ceiling fan. It worked great till I had to replace the fan pull swich the all went south. The ceiling can light fixture came unwired when I was woriking with the fan swich and have no clue were the blace and white wires go I wired the...

Install dimmer swich to fluresent light with 3 wire ballast [ 2 Answers ]

Ihave installed 2 dimmer swiches to room that has 2 8' light each one has a 2lamps ballast total of 4 lamps per fixture.the . It'S 2 SONGLE SWICH I hooked the ballast brown to black gray to white and orange to hot dim Bouth swiches are sharing the costant hot What hapend is each swich is...

I have install 3 flurocent light on 2 live wire with 1 swich it causes electric breke [ 0 Answers ]

I have install 3 flurocent light on 2 live wire with 1 swich it causes electric breker to go on and lights goes off.pl help

View more questions Search