Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mo Joe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2018, 11:34 PM
    Want to know if Ghana Passport is Fake or not
    I have and internet copy of a passport from a person in Ghana. I would like to know if it is real or fake
    Mo Joe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2018, 11:40 PM
    Want to know if a Ghana passport is fake or not
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 13, 2018, 12:13 AM
    Home of the the romance scam, more than likely...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2018, 05:12 AM
    Of course it's fake! Even if it's not, it's a scam to loot your wallet. Google the name and address. Google Earth the address. How much are they asking for? How much have you sent already? Read up on Ghana Romance Scam!

Lonely desperate suckers have been falling for this for many decades so don't be one of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2018, 01:27 PM
    It may be real, just not belonging to who you talked to, and/or they cut and pasted the photo in it.

I am guessing this is either
    Dating or love ?
    They have gold or diamonds and need help getting money out of country ?
    Someone died and they need help claiming it ?

Most likely love, that is what they are famous for.

I wrote a few year ago, about a trip I took there on a mission trip. I am not sure why, but I got to tour one of the larger fraud places.

They steal, buy and get use of real passports, but also have a very advanced photo shop where they can make one that looks real. The cheaper places, ones I have seen on here are easier to catch because photos are not straight, or dates and numbers don't match.

Now they are room full of workers, that do typing and/or voice. This may be 60 year old grandma's or young men whose voice can pass for men, but mostly for typing. They have scripts they use, depending on what you say. And they may go several months building a love, before they start asking for money.

They will normally say, they are using public computer, or their video is down. And they will scan and send photos. These are often either stolen off internet from Facebook or wechat or they are local villiage girls who will allow photos and do video work for them.

So on typing, they have your record log, so you may talk to dozens of people over a month, who follow a script they type.

The issue is, so what if this is a real passport ? That is not a visa to come to your country, it is just a passport. If they apply for a visa, that can take a long process.

But normally how the dating scam works,

They will ask for about 4 times the amount a visa actually costs, then they will show old or fake web sites that say they need a travel allowance (they don't) and that they need a costly medical. (it is cheap there)

Then they ask for air fare and say you can not do a prepaid ticket (you can)

If they say they have applied for a VISA (at least to US or Canada) you can ask for specific numbers and information to check it on the Immigration web site.

Then... they will ask for money perhaps to bribe a airport official.

Or all of a suden you don't hear from them... when they were suppose to be on the way to the airport, guess what, they got robbed, or a car wreck and now have medical costs.

They will keep having this till you stop sending money. And even then will wait for a couple months and come back with even a worst sob story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana Passport, Fake or not [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Good day to u. Sir, I actually love a girl from your country Ghana. I love her very much and I would like to marry her. I used to send her money every time she asks. But now she had send her passport copy for the visa money and all. I doubt her passport is original or not. I...

Is this a fake Ghana passport? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My dad is being scammed and does not believe he is being taken for a ride and losing thousands along the way. We've been showing him everything we can to convince him but if we could prove this is a fake passport, it may help. I have been searching scam sites to try and find her picture but...

Is this Ghana passport fake? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if this passport is fake. Considering a business deal with this guy, but will drop if not real passport. He has not asked for money, but just being cautious. Thanks

Ghana Passport, Fake or not [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Good day to u. Sir, I actually love a girl from your country Ghana. I love her very much and I would like to marry her. I used to send her money every time she asks. But now she had send her passport copy for the visa money and all. I doubt her passport is original or not. I...

View more questions Search