Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonleecaddic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2018, 10:26 AM
    What are the fine for failure to yield
    How much is fine for failure to yield? And court costs? I want to plead not quilty. I was waiting to pull out into southbound lane; looked to right now traffic, looked to left, car stopped waved me out, before I know it, the car behind her (6 other cars stopped in a line) pulled out and smashed into me. I got ticket for failure to yield. The other party who went around the car, who was stopped and waving me into traffic, cried, and said she was turning left into a school to pick up her child. If I plead no contest in front of judge, what are my chances to get ticket down.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2018, 05:28 PM
    Your chances are essentially zero of winning. Everyone on the roadway had right of way over you, Depending on your record.. you might get fewer points or the fine reduced... but unless you have been driving years with a spotless record... you likely won't get that chance.

Fact is entering a roadway, means YOU have to yield to everyone on that roadway. Especially from a parking lot.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2018, 06:10 PM
    You cannot trust that the way is clear when someone stops and waves you into traffic. The drivers behind him/her can't see the wave and will usually impatiently drive around the stopped car.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2018, 08:09 PM
    Fine and costs are local. Call the number on the ticket. Yes, you were at fault.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2018, 09:06 PM
    If you plead no contest, then it is over, that is the same as the guilty plea, except that in no contest the plea can not be used in a civil case. For a accident like this no idea why you plead that.

As noted, the price of the ticket varies greatly from court to court, so this is a question for the local court.

And to be honest, unless you get the person who waved you on, (even though that is really no excuse either) to come into court and testify, it will just be your word.

Depending on the location, often police officers don't appear in court, so if you plead not guilty and the officer is not present, normally the judge will have to dismiss it.

Also an attorney can often do some minor plea agreement to help keep points off, if you have been driving for years with a great record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failure to yield citation [ 14 Answers ]

I have just revived a failure to yield citation in the state of Ohio. I was making a right turn in to a two lane road, when the other driver dashed into my lane to turn into the gas station and came into my lane and I side swiped her as I was proceeding to turn right. I received the ticket because...

Failure to Yield [ 4 Answers ]

I was driving down a road on a clear day and I could see that there was a police vehicle with its lights on around a mile to a mile and a half ahead of me. The police car was sitting by itself on the side of the road with it's lights on. The police officer was not outside of his car. I was pulled...

Failure to Yield [ 5 Answers ]

I just received a Failure to Yield Right of Way ticket in Huntsville, Al. The policeman pulled me over and told me that I had pulled out in front of a car. He asked me where what building did I pull out of and I said I had just a company and gave him the name. I told him that turn right out of...

Should I Just Pay Failure to yield right of way? [ 9 Answers ]

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Texas Im 19. My court date is in two days and its my first time ever going to court or getting a ticket. I'm extremely nervous because I have no experience with the law. I don't know what pleading guilty means or fight a ticket means. If I...

Failure to yield ticket [ 4 Answers ]

I was involued in a car accident a little less than a month ago. I had just dropped my daughter off at work and preceded to pull out the building where there is incoming traffic. There is two lanes going west and two going east. I stopped looked to my left seen no cars. Looked to my right seen...

View more questions Search