Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2018, 10:02 AM
    Question re: Condo judgment against owner
    A person has a very high amount judgment from a Condo he owns. He is presently selling it and the judgment amount will be taken from the sale price.
    When THAT PERSON goes to purchase another condo , will he have problems?
    Will that Condo Assn. check his past references, and I assume he will HAVE A PROBLEM.
    Please explain if you can.
    Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2018, 12:49 PM
    Depends if they do check.. and if they do... then they might. The old condo association is well within their rights to disclose this if asked. The new one may not check, or might choose to decide either way after having checked.
    noseyrosey Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2018, 08:48 AM
    Most likely not... as it will show the judgment was paid in full...
    It won't look the best having the judgment in the first place, but since it will be paid in full and released it won't look as bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land Owner as Condo Owner on HOA Board [ 1 Answers ]

The condos are on leased land. The land owner owns two condo units in the complex. The land owner has been elected to serve on the Home Owners Board of Directors, HOA. Where is the conflict of interest? There is opportunity for undue interest / influence by the Land Owner on possible...

Owner-occupied Condo with a roommate NJ [ 8 Answers ]

Hey Everyone :) I am in a lot of stress because of my living situation. I let a woman who was homeless & unemployed and sleeping in her car(because she was evicted from her last place due to needed construction work in the house) into my condo (Oct 27th). She is sharing a 2BR and 2 Bathroom...

Owner selling condo. What next? [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a 1 yr. lease when I moved in 4 yrs. Ago. The owner just informed me that he put the condo on the market. Since I technically don't have a lease, how much notice do I need to give before I move out? What if it sells immediately, how much notice does the new owner need to give me? I will...

How does the condo association know the unit is not owner occupied? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I am an owner of a condo which should be occupied by owner only per the bylaws. I relocated because of the job change. The unit is empty now. If I let my close friend move in, will the association find out the unit is not owner occupied? If they do, is there any way to work around so my friend...

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

View more questions Search