Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Antonella2004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2018, 01:14 AM
    I Think I might be Bisexual
    Im a 13 year old female and I am starting to think I might be bisexual. This all started a few months ago and I started to freak. I got really nervous around my best friend the same way I would with a guy. I told my mum recently and she doesn't believe me! She might be in denial but I don't know what to do
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2018, 07:04 AM
    Just because you are nervous around guys, and now girls, doesn't mean it's about your sexuality. Maybe you should find out why you are nervous around young people like yourself period. It most likely comes down to how you deal with your new hormones. So do nothing about being bi, gay, or straight, even though your new hormones may have you thinking that way, and overcome your nervousness around PEOPLE. Actually you are supposed to be a bit nervous around some people, especially when you go through puberty process, which is nothing but your body changing (and mind and emotions), and ALL your friends your age are changing too, not just you.

Whether you are Bi or not it's just too early to tell, but during this time you are so nervous, it's more important to stay within the boundaries of good behavior, get your exercise, and sleep and eat right, while you are experiencing this life changing event. That may help with being nervous around people and may give you the confidence to get through this growth period. No your mom is not in denial, she just doesn't know if you are bi, or just hormone driven. She does know what you are going through though as all humans go through the transition from kids to young teens and the world seems to change. Actually it's you who are changing, and you who are pressed to deal with it responsibly.

You will have a better idea of both your sexuality and nervousness at 15, than you do now, so just be cool for a few years, and get use to the changes you are experiencing. Tell your best friend about you being nervous around her, but don't get too carried away and scare her. That's what I mean about boundaries of good behavior, because growing pains and curiosity are not worth losing friends over is it? Find ways to express yourself respectfully until you know for sure WHO you are and how you want to handle it.

Yeah, you could be BI, so what?
    Antonella2004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2018, 02:29 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. It helped me alot! You're right. I should just wait a few years and see what happens :). Other than that, thanks for the advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of being bisexual [ 4 Answers ]

Please let me know can a bi guy be streight? My husband got caught with having sex with guys.. we have a kid as well.. he promised me that he will not be involvd with these type of thing again.but he still doesn't have much interest in havng sex with me.. can he still be bi?what are the signs that...

Am I bisexual, gay, or what? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 26-year-old guy, with a very confused sexual situation, and I need your help for what follows: Well, I have always felt attracted to good-looking males and females. - About guys: I often have gay fantasies. I have a fetish for men's underwear. ...

I can't be bisexual right? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 20 and have only ever dated guys and frankly, I couldn't see it any other way. But I have always been attracted to women more than men. I will check them out more than men. I mean I guess you could say I might be envious or comparing but I also feel an attraction sometimes. Ive...

I'm I bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

I enjoy the company of boys, I can get along very Well with them and I enjoy having sex with them I like boys a lot but I also enjoy kissing girls but I think it's just for fun and actually I have only Kissed girls when I am drunk but lately I keep Kissing this girl also when we are drunk but...

Bisexual at 41? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I'm going insane or already there. I'm 41 and in my second marriage with two children. My husband is 20 years older. We've been married 10 years and I can't stand to even look at him now. For my question - To tell you the truth - I have never thought of myself as gay or bi. But for some...

View more questions Search