Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2018, 04:28 AM
    Water Hose Bib
    Outside water hose outlet, sometimes give a small shock.
    The water pipe is grounded with a grounding strap. I wonder if my volt meter would show some activity ,it sounds when there is current in a wire, but I don’t know if it works on a pipe?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2018, 04:34 PM
    Grounding is usually from the main panel through a ground wire to a ground rod. If you are getting shocked, it typically means the water pipe is not grounded to the main panel. Is there both copper and plastic pipe or just copper? If a piece of copper pipe was cut and a plastic-PVC, CPVC or PEX inserted, a jumper needs to be installed. If a whole house filter was installed, it needs to be jumpered. This can be dangerous so lets get to the reason why you get a shock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of water inside house if water hose outside is used. [ 13 Answers ]

It seems that about two months ago I noticed that when I use the water hose outside that the water pressure in the house was less and less gradually, not it is to the point that when I use the water hose, I have "NO" water in the house (Even the one outside in the water hose is losing pressure now...

If a hose is connected to a hose bibb will we be able to get water from our neighbor? [ 4 Answers ]

Our main water line is broken, we have hooked up a garden hose from a water source to our outside hose bibb, but we have no water inside. We understood this was a temporary fix, are we doing something wrong? The hose bibb is not a frost-freeze, and we have water coming out of the garden hose when...

After changing hot water hose turned water on no pressure in my house [ 1 Answers ]

If u let it sit it builds up for aout 2min then it gradule goes away until its just a drip

Connecting water hose from water inlet valve to ice maker. [ 0 Answers ]

I put in a new water inlet valve but the water line from the valve to the ice maker keeps slipping out. I push it in hard and it seems tight but several days later it comes out. What is the procedure to keeping it in tight? Thanks

View more questions Search