Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2018, 05:43 AM
    Car AC Compressor
    AC puts in cold air. When car is turned off, hot air flows. Seems compressor clutch
    Not engaging. Seems sticking.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2018, 06:23 AM
    Nope! The car has to be running for the AC to blow cold air.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2018, 06:29 PM
    "AC puts in cold air". Can you explain what you mean? Unless you have an all electric car, the engine must be running for the compressor to work. The clutch can engage, usually tested by putting 12VDC across the terminals, but the compressor will not run. You will get only hot air, coming from outside. .
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 6, 2018, 10:41 PM
    You guys go...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you replace a reciprocating compressor with rotary compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Can you replace reciprocating with rotary compressor in 1.5 tonne window ac carrier ?

Bad compressor? [ 0 Answers ]

I Have a unit I'm working on it is an Armstrong heat pump package unit 208v single phase. When I setup My gauges I found The compressor running and the pressures equalized. Condemned compressor Replaced it and the drier. Pulled vacuum and charged with vapor.I put it back in the wall and started it...

Air conditioning compressor fan won't turn on. Compressor hums [ 3 Answers ]

Fan is now turning after I nudged it with a screwdriver. However, air is not cooling.

Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.

Amana air conditioning compressor fan runs but compressor does not [ 9 Answers ]

I have an Amana Model RCE30A2B Compressor unit installed it is about 6 years old, the compressor will not cut in when demanded yet the cooling fan for the unit does

View more questions Search