Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beginneratlarge Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2018, 01:22 AM
    Lamb shanks
    Can lamb shanks be cooked in a slow cooker and if so for how long so that the meat is tender and coming away from the bone?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2018, 06:13 AM
    Go on the internet because there must be a ton of recipes. Brown the meat on all sides first in a pan and then transfer them to the slow cooker with whatever you are cooking them with.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2018, 05:19 AM
    I don't braise lamb shanks before cooking. I bake them in the oven with lots of onion and garlic and cook till the meat is falling off the bone. Would say about 2 hours slowly in a 325 oven .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking a leg of lamb [ 1 Answers ]

I need to cook a leg of lamb but have no oven. I do have a steamer but this is too small for the leg to fit into. The leg is fairly large as it has to feed 14 people. I do have a hob and a grill.

Cooking lamb [ 3 Answers ]

How do I cook lamb shanks without a oven.

Frozen lamb [ 1 Answers ]

How long can you keep meat frozen before cooking ?

Lamb with lump [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had a lamb born, at 5 days old we noticed a lump,lower left side in front of leg where it joins the body About the size of 1/4 of an orange and it feels soft and watery inside. Any thoughts of what it could be?

Crowned Rack of Lamb [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have a great recipe for a Crowned Rack of Lamb? Want to cook this for hubby on Father's Day. Thanks

View more questions Search