Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2018, 01:54 PM
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am not charging
    Working on an 02 Pontiac Grand Am with 3.4l V6. When I check the battery voltage at the battery while the car is running all I get is battery voltage. I replaced the alternator thinking it was the culprit, and made sure the battery was fully charged. I had the old alternator tested twice, and both times it tests good. Is this a common problem, or do I need to do a bunch of wire chasing to find the root of the problem. I'm not much good with wiring, but with good directions I can figure it out. Thanks.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 5, 2018, 08:11 PM
    That has a poorly designed wiring system. Check for recalls on Ignition switch routing.
    Otherwise, check both ends of both cable to be certain they are clean and tight. Voltage drop test the alternator and don't forget to look at scan data. You may want to know what the computer is seeing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pontiac grand am 2004 [ 2 Answers ]

How can I check the transmission fluid level. I can't find the dip stick

Pontiac grand am [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pontiac grand am it starts then dies! What could be the problem?

2000 pontiac grand am se [ 4 Answers ]

I own a 2000 pontiac grand am se and it randomly stalls out on me and its not over heating according to the temp. gage I have had diagnostic tests done, replaced parts, even buying better gas and it keeps doing it what can I do about this?

Pontiac Grand Am [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a free service manual for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am.

2003 Pontiac Grand Am [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am. When I try to start my car all of the interior lights come on as well as the head lights. But my car will not start. This problem has been going on for sometime now. But ever other time my buddy will tow my car to where ever I need it to be towed and it will just...

View more questions Search