Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2018, 02:34 PM
    Transcript of Russian soldiers describing the butt kicking they took in Syria
    Here are the translated transcripts from Polygraph:

First clip: "The reports that are on TV about ... well, you know, about Syria and the 25 people that are wounded there from the Syrian f--- army and — well ... to make it short, we've had our asses f--- kicked. So one squadron f--- lost 200 people ... right away, another one lost 10 people ... and I don't know about the third squadron, but it got torn up pretty badly, too ... So three squadrons took a beating ... The Yankees attacked ... first they blasted the f--- out of us by artillery, and then they took four helicopters up and pushed us in a f--- merry-go-round with heavy caliber machine guns ... They were all shelling the holy f--- out of it, and our guys didn't have anything besides the assault rifles ... nothing at all, not even mentioning shoulder-fired SAMs or anything like that ... So they tore us to pieces for sure, put us through hell, and the Yankees knew for sure that the Russians were coming, that it was us, f--- Russians ... Our guys were going to commandeer an oil refinery, and the Yankees were holding it ... We got our f--- asses beat rough, my men called me ... They're there drinking now ... many have gone missing ... it's a total f--- up, it sucks, another takedown ... Everybody, you know, treats us like pieces of s--- ... They beat our asses like we were little pieces of s--- ... but our f--- government will go in reverse now, and nobody will respond or anything, and nobody will punish anyone for this ... So these are our casualties." Second clip: "Out of all vehicles, only one tank survived and one BRDM [armored reconnaissance vehicle] after the attack, all other BRDMs and tanks were destroyed in the first minutes of the fight, right away." Third clip: "Just had a call with a guy — so they basically formed a convoy, but did not get to their f--- positions by some 300 meters. One unit moved forward, the convoy remained in place, about 300 meters from the others. The others raised the American f--- flag, and their artillery started f--- ours really hard. Then their f--- choppers flew in and started f--- everybody. Ours just running around. Just got a call from a pal, so there are about 215 f--- killed. They simply rolled ours out f--- hard. Made their point. What the f--- ours were hoping for in there?! That they will f--- run away themselves? Hoped to f--- scare them away? Lots of people f--- so bad [they] can't be f--- ID'd. There was no foot soldiers [on the American side]; they simply f--- our convoy with artillery."
    Report: Leaked audio of Russians on humiliating defeat by US forces - Business Insider

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2018, 08:20 AM
    Yeah we kick butt all right, maybe why Vlad just unveiled his latest super weapon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/p...ses/ar-BBJJN3t

Or is there an election coming in Russia?
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2018, 08:35 AM
    The Chinese have been developing hyper sonic weapons . Since we have pushed away any chance of strategic cooperation with the Russians ,they have had no choice but to align themselves with China . I do not know what degree of technology transfers they have had .But it would not surprise me if the Chinese had given the Russians the capability . Won't know for sure until they actually test it .
    Expert

Mar 1, 2018, 09:56 AM
    Wonder if we have our own super weapons?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2018, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Wonder if we have our own super weapons?
    You have the F35 all purpose fighter, must make you feel very secure
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2018, 04:32 PM
    groan ....that is my only comment on the F 35...yes we tested hypersonic missiles last year .Australia was part of the test . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPOK3R-JtwI Lockheed Martin has been developing hypersonic jets for military and commercial uses for most of the decade .
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2018, 05:04 AM
    So we are saying nothing new here, it's top secret and Vlad doesn't have a bigger button than Donald, I would be very worried because if Vlad has it Kim might get it too
    Expert

Mar 2, 2018, 05:44 AM
    Vlad had to say something big after the butt kicking his mercs got in Syria, and the news Kim is ready to talk to the US. Of course the Russian people will never hear about any of this. Of course we can count on the Dufus to door say something wild and stupid to jinx everything.

Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2018, 02:12 PM
    This was the week of Winnie the Pooh meets Ernst Blofeld with Goldfinger in the wings.
    We may be trapped in the 1960s style of shaken-not-stirred Nuclear Triad.
    https://learningenglish.voanews.com/...n/4276442.html

Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2018, 05:45 PM
    More collusion with Russia.
    The Trump administration told Congress on Thursday that it plans to sell Ukraine 210 anti-tank missiles to help it defend its territory from Russia, in a major escalation of U.S. lethal assistance to Ukraine’s military.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.dfe770006f56
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2018, 05:55 PM
    Yes 200 anti tank missiles will go a long way if the tanks roll, I give them 5 minutes
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2018, 07:30 PM
    How much of Putin's bluster is driven by falling oil prices and Russia's recent failure to get the Syrian oil fields, now in the American zone?(to bring this back to the op)
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2018, 01:33 AM
    Difficult question to answer Putin is in a election cycle and must appear tough. What he did the other day was for internal consumption, otherwise you might consider it an act of war. The Russian economy is in deep do do, and just maybe Putin was trying to give the arms industry a boost, there would be some who would like rockets like those.

Putin has headed off oil competition in the form of a pipeline, and Europe will suffer. They are not saying much about the situation in Syria. I'm wondering just how far is america prepared to go to defend the Kurds? Assad wants his oil fields back, and rightly so, they do not belong to the americans so why are they defending them. The Kurds had to back down in Iraq for the sake of peace and it maybe these fellows will back down too
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2018, 06:37 AM
    I'm wondering just how far is america prepared to go to defend the Kurds?
    If history is a guide ,the Kurds will be screwed again. The 'nation ' of Syria is a fiction .A small minority brutally suppresses the tribal people . Assad would be out of power if not for the Ruskie assistance . When the body bags start coming back to Russia ,what will the Russian people say ?They already are not happy about the body bags returning from Ukraine. The Kurds are one of the few ethnic people who can legitimately make the claim as being a nation. The problem is that their territory intersects a few other countries .
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2018, 01:58 PM
    btw
    the answer to the rail gun gap is the get Elon Musk on the case .
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2018, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    btw
    the answer to the rail gun gap is the get Elon Musk on the case

If history is a guide ,the Kurds will be screwed again..
    Yes he will provide some really big batteries. I do recognise that what you are suggesting that the gap is intellectual as much as anything. Musk is innovative and will invest in things that have a long gestation.

All of the near middle east is a construct and remnants of the Ottoman Empire. The Turks appear particularly upset by the Kurds no doubt because they have been oppressing them for centuries and they have resisted. We cannot get past the boundries that have been created by conquest and politics.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2018, 10:02 AM
    The rail gun is about money, not batteries, and it does require a sufficient amount of power, and adaptability to deliver its goals. Unfortunately at this time the Kurds, very reliable fighters, have adversaries, but NO MONEY, or trade able assets. Oil is king in the world and they ain't got none, can't get none, or KEEP none, from their more entrenched adversaries. You think them Saudi's or Emirates, Iranians could call shots all over the middle east without OIL revenues? You think the EU's dependence on oil (And everybody else's), doesn't make or break influences?

The natives fought amongst themselves until they discovered oil. Then the stakes got higher.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2018, 01:28 PM
    So far we've shown that we were willing to defend Kurd controlled oil field to the tune of 300 + Russians . If Putin colluded with Trump then so far he's gotten a bad return on his investment .

We also maintained no fly zone over Kurdish territory for a decade .
    After Saddam’s regime was demolished, the Kurds from the rest of Iraq and built the only properly functioning region in the country while the rest consumed itself in bloodshed. They agreed to rejoin Iraq under a system of shared governance . That system collapsed when the emperor decided to not renew security agreements signed before Bush left office .They were screwed then and still was a major factor in the defeat of ISIS (territory that went back to the Iraqi government ).The 28 million Kurds represents the largest stateless people on earth . They voted overwhelmingly in favor of an independence referendum last year . Unfortunately Trump brought in a swamp critter as Sec State . who thinks the referendum was illegitimate . If you were asked which of these is a nation , Iraq or Kurdistan ,you would have to say Kurdistan . Iraq as y'all have pointed out is an artificial map drawn up at the end of WWI .(as is Syria) . They have been victims of genocide by the nations surrounding them . They earned our assistance and we should support their efforts for liberation.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2018, 06:34 PM
    Obama wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq, ABC's Raddatz claims | PunditFact

The agreement failed over a demand that American troops be given immunity from prosecution by Iraqis, a very touchy political issue within the Iraqi Parliament. Some experts said Iraqi leaders may not have been willing to take great political risk with their citizens in exchange for a relatively small American force.But no immunity meant no sizable residual troop presence."When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible," al-Maliki said in an October 2011 news conference. "The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started."
    The State Department's lawyers said troops couldn't stay in Iraq unless the Iraqi parliament authorized them to do so, including granting them immunity from Iraqi law. The Iraqi parliamentarians would never OK such a decision, with Iraqi popular opinion staunchly against U.S. troops staying. Sowell saw State's decision as a deliberately insurmountable obstacle."It was a barrier that was very high," he said, "and there was no way it was going to be jumped over."

On the issue of the Kurds, they should have earned not just our respect, but our full support even against the Turks.

Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2018, 07:43 PM
    so let me get this straight ....We have had a smaller force operating in Iraq since 2014 ,and they are still there today . And they have been operating without immunity ? Why did the emperor send them ? Well obviously he found a way ,and that same way could've been employed .The truth is that the emperor and Evita (if I'm being kind ) completely bungled the negotiations .
    The Administration did try to negotiate- but too little, too late; and I don’t believe the emperor's heart was into it. Iraq was a distraction from his focus on the domestic front.

"An obvious fix for troop immunity is to put them all on the diplomatic list; that’s done by notification to the Iraqi foreign ministry," said one former senior Hill staffer. "If State says that this requires a treaty or a specific agreement by the Iraqi parliament as opposed to a statement by the Iraqi foreign ministry, it has its head up its ."
    How the Obama administration bungled the Iraq withdrawal negotiations – Foreign Policy

2014, Obama employed the same process to provide immunity for the U.S. troops sent back into Iraq after Islamic State rose to power .

But back in 2011 ,the emperor was just keeping a campaign promise .
    THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. As a candidate for President, I pledged to bring the war in Iraq to a responsible end -- for the sake of our national security and to strengthen American leadership around the world. After taking office, I announced a new strategy that would end our combat mission in Iraq and remove all of our troops by the end of 2011.
    So today, I can report that, as promised, the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year. After nearly nine years, America’s war in Iraq will be over.
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...nding-war-iraq

Don't believe me ? how about Leon Panetta ?

My fear, as I voiced to the president and others, was that if the country split apart or slid back into the pervasive violence that we’d experienced in the years immediately following the U.S. invasion,it could become a new haven for terrorists to plot attacks against the United States. Iraqi’s stability thus, in my view, was not only in Iraqs’ interest but ours. With that in mind, I privately and publicly advocated leaving behind a residual force that could provide training and security for Iraq’s military.Michele Flournoy did her best to press that position, which reflected not just my views but also those of the military commanders in the region and the Joint Chiefs. But the president’s team at the White House pushed back, and the differences occasionally became heated. Flournoy argued our case, and those on our side of the debate viewed the White House as so eager to rid itself of Iraq that it was willing to withdraw rather than lock in arrangements that would preserve our influence and interests.......
    To my frustration, the White House coordinated the negotiations but never really led them. Officials there seemed content to endorse an agreement if State and Defense could reach one, but without the president’s active advocacy, Mailiki was allowed to slip away. The deal never materialized. To this day, I believe that a small, focused U.S. troop presence in Iraq could have effectively advised the Iraqi military on how to deal with Al Qaeda’s resurgence and the sectarian violence that has engulfed the country.
    (
    Leon Panetta’s '
    Worthy Fights')https://books.google.com/books?id=1r...0ours.&f=false

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deadly flu cure from frozen russian soldiers [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie 10 years ago. There was deadly(spanish) flu, I think that the virus was spread to America after infected man from Mexico crossed the border illegally to USA. The American scientists traveled to Russia and dig soldiers who were infected with the same flu and frozen dead. Their...

Who is kicking Who's butt? [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Let's gather up the scorecards. You've been reading about the issues we discuss - and you've been judging. Tell us about that. Your vote will be public. You may select MORE than one. Sorry if I missed anybody. I only had 10 slots. If you can name others, please do, and tell us...

Syria invades Lebanon [ 18 Answers ]

You haven't read about it (at least in the American press) but it happened last week . It was reported in the Lebanese daily newspaper Al Mustaqbal Naharnet News Desk If Israel sent the IDF three kilometers into Lebanon and started digging trenches and building bunkers it would make...

This morning sickness is kicking my butt. [ 3 Answers ]

I am almost nine weeks pregnant and I am about to lose my mind here. I have tried everything to ease this nausea and nothing works. My doc has put me on some prescription, which is not helping, and is changing it to something else. This is our 3rd child and I was sick with the other 2, but I would...

View more questions Search