Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joddvar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2005, 08:32 AM
    Gas valve problems??
    I have a miller/nordyke propane runned furnace m1 series. I have had the gas valve replaced and the ignitor. They checked the control board, there was nothing wrong with that. :p
    Here is the problem. The furnace runs fine and follows the sequences it should, but when the gas valve engages, sometimes it will engage once, sometimes it will engage up to 5 times, clicking on and off quickly. :confused: It is said the gas valve should engage once, opening and letting in the propane and that is it. But mine quite frequently opens more than that. Once the furnace heats up, it works fine and shuts off fine, until the next time when the gas valve needs to engage again. This is starting to drive me nuts. :confused: Any suggestions. Also the gas pressure/wires etc. have all checked out fine. Have had the serviceman out here 3 times, guy has absolutely no clue what is wrong. :mad: thanks email address [email protected]
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2005, 06:17 PM
    There is a thermocouple or other sensor that shuts the gas off quickly if it doesn't ignite. Sounds like it is bad. Since this is a fairly common problem, I find it hard to believe any repairman would have missed it. The gas does ignite when the valve opens? Check your voltage. The gas valves usually run on 24 V AC from a transformer in the furnace controls. The valve should give the voltage it needs. Check to see that you have it. Could be as simple as a bad connection somewhere.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Mar 16, 2005, 06:38 PM
    If every technical issue has been checked out and been found OK, then maybe the problem is something else?
    Is there no air current that simply blows the ignition away?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Water Supply Shutoff Valve problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is this; When I turn the toilet water supply valve I don't hear any water flow sound anymore, so the only way we can flush the toilet is to fill up a bucket with water and pour it down. Before we had the same problem but what we would have to do is turn on the faucet to the tub...

Problems with water valve temperature [ 1 Answers ]

The main valve to house was shut off to change valve in shower from two handle control to single handle control. Now that main is back on the faucets in another bathroom are not working correctly. Shower has cold water coming out of both valves. Two sinks have hot water only coming out of both...

Air Admittance Valve [ 4 Answers ]

I was reading up on these, if I were to install one, they say to install them above the highest flood level of the space the valve is in. I am installing a toilet and sink in my basement. And you recommended this. Does this mean I must install a new stack in the bathroom above the sink level with...

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search