Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 26, 2018, 11:31 AM
    sure if you want.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 26, 2018, 01:32 PM
    Whoa, there sparky!

Do you think you could flesh out that question quite a bit more, please.

You cannot just change the breaker amperage because you want to. What is the load on the circuit that you want to change?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2018, 06:45 PM
    Simple question, WHY? Maybe then we can help but your question is a bit too vague.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2018, 09:51 AM
    Question is Vague, more info would get a better answer, No problem reducing the Breaker Size, as if wired correctly and handle 30 Amps, will sure handle 20. The're times you may want to reduce breaker to reduce damage from overcurrent.
    Or if you were converting an unused 30 Amp circuit to a 120 Volt Receptacle circuit.
    Can you tell why? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amp breakers [ 7 Answers ]

I found my mom's submersible pump wired to a two single pole 20amp breakers and there is a double pole 30amp breaker on the bus panel as well. I already know that all 220volt leads need to be on a double pole breaker in case one leg grounds out. So I switch the wires over to the double pole 30amp...

ARC breakers [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to check an Arc Fault Circuit Breakers? I am looking at a house that a home inspector said the Arc Fault Circuit Breaker was bad. He did not say how he tested it. The breaker trips when the test button is pushed. And the wires are hooked properly. Thanks

Attempting to install GFCI circuit breakers (3 wires for 2 breakers) [ 6 Answers ]

OK here is my situation I have a Siemens box in my home I'm installing GFCI breakers to bring it up to code for insurance purposes Only thing is 4 rooms in this home are for some reason wired together on 3 wires (red black and white) connected to two separate breakers (30 Amps each) (two rooms...

View more questions Search