Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Young123Dash Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2018, 02:21 PM
    Bat bites
    Are bats capable of biting us while we are moving (biking, running) without landing on us? Also, can bats bite through layered clothing? (Jacket, t shirt underneath)

I was riding my bike back to my place at 5:30 am. I knew there were bats at this area at this time since I had seen them a few days ago. Anyway in this specific area, I felt a tap/soft poke twice 5 seconds apart, one on my right side of my back and the other one on the left. It was not painful at all, just a gentle tap. I was wearing a jacket and a t-shirt underneath though. I did not feel anything land on me or fly past me. I know this is a silly question because most likely, it was not bats or a bat bite. But, I am a former anxiety patient and the stories I heard about bats and rabies, where people can't feel bats biting them have frightened me, and putting my anxiety problems in full swing. I already visited the hospital on the day of the incident, and they told me not to worry. However, I told them it may have scratched me, and did not mention the possibility of a bat bite, because I had clearly told them it could not have bitten me as I did not feel any pain. But, now I keep replaying it my head, and don't know what happened.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2018, 03:20 PM
    Chances are guy that if the hospital looked you over, and found nothing, then there is nothing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2018, 03:57 PM
    Bats almost never bite people, and a moving human is almost never biten. If you are in the attic with a few and they can not escape.

They may have hit you (even that is rare)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do bed bug bites look like? [ 1 Answers ]

Does it look like welts

Allergic to flea bites, bites cause moles on my skin to irritate [ 1 Answers ]

I'm highly allergic to flea bites (and mosquito bites too!) and when I get bit it causes some of the moles on my skin to become very irritated and itchy. They turn red and some of them even scab over. Not sure what I can do or what this means. Please help! Thanks!

Bug bites... without the bugs and/or bites [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 4-6 months I've been feelin' like I'm constantly gettin' bitten by bugs all over my arms, torso and legs.....altho I never seem to have any bite marks on me...nor do I ever see any bugs on me or in my home. I've tried doin' a search online but I basically came up empty handed, totally...

These bug bites? [ 24 Answers ]

These are really bugging me (no pun intended) I hope this picture works. It's the best one I could get. All 3 bites are HARD. Not welps. They are solid. And I've never had that before. The spot on the larger bite is a sore. It just apeared today (3 days after the bites) and its worrying...

Oh boy! She bites [ 18 Answers ]

Hi people I been going through the answers & find them very sensible Hope someone will care to put some sense intothis one too There's a girl in my collg I was sending & recievin mails anonymously First she didn't reply to my mails But I devised some smart mails to make her do so We were...

View more questions Search