Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2018, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Washington is a tourist trap as real governance happens at the local level, and Texans have been dealing with migrants and immigrants since the 19th century Clete, nothing new on that front, but the locals don't need a big beautiful wall for that, nor are they giving up their land for one.
    Well, just reconquer Mexico and you can put it south of the Rio Grande
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2018, 05:35 AM
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2018, 05:54 AM
    We need common sense package controls
    1. Ban package delivery, not all packages, just the ones with bombs inside.
    2. Make it illegal to mail or ship any package containing a bomb.
    3. Make all delivery trucks bomb free zones
    4. Make universal background checks necessary for everyone 21 years old or older who wants to ship bombs

Wait not good enough .... All packages need to be banned. If it saves just one life. Our founding fathers never intended this. Back in those days all packages were delivered personally or on a horse. They were addressed in quill and ink and sometimes took months to deliver. Now anyone can send a package overnight, anywhere in the world.Anyone can walk right in to Wal-Mart and get a package. People are using high capacity tape guns and fully automatic labelers. Only the military, and police should have this much power. Get rid of that bomb show loop hole .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 21, 2018, 06:01 AM
    Nice rant, but I blame the PEOPLE who have left the guns and bombs laying around for homicidal loonies, and criminals to get their hands on them. It's both careless and irresponsible, especially in light of the catastrophic tragic events we have witnessed.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2018, 06:12 AM
    You can make bombs with household chemicals and fertilizer and some electric wire . Bombs can be triggered with clocks or set off remotely with cell phones . Think of all the banning possibilities !!!
    Expert

Mar 21, 2018, 07:31 AM
    My point was getting the loonies and criminals. Kudos to law enforcement for getting the Austin Bomber.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2018, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    My point was getting the loonies and criminals. Kudos to law enforcement for getting the Austin Bomber.
    These fellows always make mistakes, but you can't find the loonies until they do something antisocial, and criminals, well there is one on every corner, just arrest anyone standing around. Dump wants to use the Deturte solution, execute the drug dealers, in a country like yours this would never get done, so a useless solution unless you go the way of abandoning due process as Deturte has done. Time for the Judge Dredd solution.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2018, 01:46 PM
    cue balls stuffed in the toe end of a socks are much more effective . Just ask the anarchists . Superintendent Says Students Are Armed with Rocks In Case of a School Shooting | WNEP.com
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2018, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    cue balls stuffed in the toe end of a socks are much more effective . Just ask the anarchists . Superintendent Says Students Are Armed with Rocks In Case of a School Shooting | WNEP.com
    What is obvious is the younger generation has risen, they have told the useless only foggies in Congress to get off their arse or get out. Many are those who will vote for the first time and their fury will be noted
    Expert

Mar 24, 2018, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    What is obvious is the younger generation has risen, they have told the useless only foggies in Congress to get off their arse or get out. Many are those who will vote for the first time and their fury will be noted
    Chances are they will be voting for a few election cycles to come.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 02:55 AM
    "Well I went to my congressman and he said quote
    I’d like to help you son but you’re too young to vote"

FBI gets two credible reports of threats and does nothing.Local police get called to his home 39 times and do nothing.School board institutes anti-disciplinary policies that do nothing.
    The PROMISE Program started by their emperor was a substantial portion of the reason this occurred.
    Deputies are outside the door while the shooting is going down and do nothing.
    Ask yourself, what additional law is needed to have had the FBI, the superintendent of schools ,Broward Sheriff's Office, and Sheriff Deputy Scot Peterson do their jobs?

Here is the typical politician answer ......
    Florida High School Requires Clear Backpacks Following Shooting
    https://710wor.iheart.com/content/20...managed_social

When this single issue becomes the deciding issue in any election I will take notice . I'll say they are wasting their time thinking that the answer will come from the Federal Government ;or that their views within their age group is monolithic . This issue is geezer driven ;and they were the ones really behind this 'Children's Crusade '.

Opposition to an assault weapon ban was strongest among Republicans and among self-identified registered voters 18-34, the poll found. Unlike older Americans, millennials were closely divided on their support for an assault weapon ban, with 49% supporting and 44% opposing a ban.There was huge support for a return to banning the sale of assault weapons from voters over 50, with 70% support from over-50s and 77% support from over-65s.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans...100002280.html

If there was a Parkland School shooting every school day, then 70 school aged students would die in America every week. Right now, 77 of them die every week in texting and driving accidents.

Ban cell phones ! Raise the age of driving to 21 !

"We'll be fighting in the streets
    With our children at our feet
    And the morals that they worship will be gone
    And the men who spurred us on
    Sit in judgement of all wrong
    They decide and the shotgun sings the song"
    Expert

Mar 25, 2018, 08:07 AM
    I think it's a very positive HEALTHY thing for students (And adults) to exercise their rights and express their feelings after such traumatic tragic events in such a positive way. Of course the rightwing 2nd amendment crowd can dismiss this experience, and wait for the dust to settle and keep doing what they have been, but people getting killed senselessly is and will continue to take it's toll on our psyches as a country.

When people get sick and tired, of being sick and tired, then change happens. I don't expect people who resist that change to just give up, they never have in the past with other issues, but change is inevitable as it always is, whether some like it or not, or the excuses they use NOT to change. The bottom line here is when we have an election who votes and why.

We have had assault style rifles banned before and it took years. I think we can have them banned again. Maybe not today, but we are moving closer to that time... AGAIN. So go ahead Tom, if you want something banned or changed get you and your peeps together and march in the streets, and VOTE!

This is how we make changes.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 08:23 AM
    the 2nd amendment ensures their right to exercise their 1st amendment . Your so called assault rifle is a semi-automatic rifle like a hunter's rifle that is made to look like a military rifle . Are you going to ban hunter rifles too ? How about the hand gun that is the weapon of choice in the streets of the cities ? ?
    Expert

Mar 25, 2018, 09:04 AM
    It's a complex issue Tom, because there are many issues, but don't lump the ability of a homicidal lunatic in with a criminal activity. I see that as two different issues with different solutions both long and short term, but it blurs the whole debate when you cannot see that difference. No different than YOUR right to religion allows YOU to discriminate against other humans who also have rights.

We can go with FUNCTION though, and not just appearances, as I know of NO hunter that needs a 30 round clip that can fire them all in less than a second... DO YOU? If Chicago bans gun sales then where do all those guns come from? Lets deal with THAT. You're a New Yorker, where do your guns that criminals use come from?

Now you can ignore the cries and pleas of children and their parents who have experienced gun trauma, but I refer you back to the changes the MADD movement brought about. I can tell you this when people are marching in the streets and protesting, you better pay attention because they will vote. Often from their own experience.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2018, 09:08 AM
    Tom Im going to make a correction in what your saying just for the sake of clarity. The AR platform that you speak of is not made to look like a military rifle. It is a downgraded version of an actual military rifle. That is why it looks how it does. It is not fully automatic unless you have a permit for it and that takes an extended back ground check and a very hefty tax.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 10:20 AM
    But it does perform essentially the same as a Smith &Weston M&P or any of the Bushmaster hunting ARs .
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 02:53 PM
    You can't avoid the issue, there is no reason for military grade weapons, or some downgraded equivalent, to be in the general population, but it is only the tip of the iceberg, because hand guns are used in more shootings
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 04:32 PM
    at least you are honest . You want all guns banned .
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    at least you are honest . You want all guns banned .
    No Tom, military style weapons banned, as they were before, and stringent gun control and registration. This still leaves a broad range for gun ownership
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2018, 05:13 PM
    banning them did not stop their use in crime

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

carry permit news ....Reciprocity and Recognition [ 9 Answers ]

If you live in or deal with Viginia then please take note of changes that take effect Feb 1, 2016. If you have questions call ahead. Reciprocity and Recognition Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition

Texas Government/Special Districts [ 0 Answers ]

Why does Texas have so many special districts, and what are some of the problems associated with them?

Gun Carry Permit [ 4 Answers ]

I don't think I have a felony on my record but was arrest for theft when 18 (30 years ago). The amount was change, less then five dollars tops. I was charged with the theft but do not know if it was a felony or misderminor and don't know how to find out. I would like to apply for a concealed carry...

Is California Coastal University accreadited and recognized by school districts? [ 1 Answers ]

Is California Coastal University accreadited and recognized by Texas school districts? Will it be helpful in furthering my educational career?

Taxes taken out of Texas teachers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm doing a research paper and one of areas I have to find information on is how much and what type of taxes come out of a Texas teachers paycheck making 38,000 a year. If any one could help me out soon I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks :)

View more questions Search