Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyfive Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2018, 02:03 PM
    Mental & Emotional Health questions.
    Questions for the Psychologists reading this: Why is it that one would not enjoy hearing family members say to them “thank you” when tasks are completed for them? Why it is that one would not enjoy receiving greeting cards from family members? Would the person be odd, or non-feeling, or was it due to a disrupted child life, parent leaving the home and family early in life, or is the person indifferent or is if for other reasons?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2018, 02:30 PM
    Is this a homework question or a RL question? If the latter, please, mention ages and circumstances of thankers and recipients. Of course, you do realize that each situation is unique.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2018, 02:59 PM
    I can think of 2 reasons, but of course I can cook up reasons forever. Nothing to do with psych. Just life observation.

1. The person doing the task doesn't like the person(s) he or she is doing it for, and is doing it out of feelings of family obligation.
    2. The greeting card makes the recipient feel obligated to return that gesture, and doesn't want to, and doesn't like cards in general, and resents all of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental & emotional health [ 26 Answers ]

I really need some sound advice. I am in a dark, lonely, place and feel unloved, worthless and an absolute drain on society. I have been physically sick since January with heart related problems, respiratory and now gastric problems have re-surfaced this week. I haven't had those in 15 years...

Mental/Emotional Health [ 3 Answers ]

How can I maintain my dignity while Im hurting from a break up. It may be all I have left.

Mental and Emotional Health [ 3 Answers ]

We have just found out that my sister is suffering from this problem. She is 43 years old and a divorcée. This is causing a lot of emotional and mental problem at home. We have to be alert all the time. Our family members have stopped visiting us as they are scared she would steal their stuff...

View more questions Search