Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pat08221952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2018, 09:19 AM
    I have finished 19 moths of probation( sentenced to 30 months) I have paid my all fin
    I have finished 19 months of probation. I have met all requirements, paid up fines, stayed out of trouble, had court ordered mental evaluation which I passed, etc. The state of Illinois will be placing me on inactive probation in March of this year. I had probation moved from Il to Kentucky right after I was given probation in court of August of 2016, I pleaded quilty to a felony which was the first arrest of my life. I would liked to get off probation completely( I was sentenced to 36 months of probation originally) What do I need to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2018, 09:29 AM
    Serve the 36 months, there is generally no way to get it shortened. If you wish to try, you hire an attorney, go back to the court where you were sentenced in IL. Show them all the records of your good behavior and ask them to reduce the probation.

They will normally just say, that probation is not a punishment, especially one where you do not report, and if you are not doing anything "wrong" why does it matter. But that is what you would have to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have to have your fine paid off 3 months before the end of probation [ 1 Answers ]

do you have to have your fine paid off 3 months before the end of probation? I've been told that it needs to be paid 3 months before the end of my probation or she will put me back on probation for 2 more yrs or throw me in jail...

My probation ended 3 moths ago [ 4 Answers ]

I was employed under 3 months probation in a company and this is my 6th month and nothing has been done. I need to write a letter to the company notifying them if my situation

Sentenced 5 yr probation tomorrow [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sentenced 5 yrs probation tomorrow for a felony (long story, don't feel like talking about it) in NY. After I am sentenced in court, do I get sent straight down to probation? And if so, do they drug test you there on the 1st day after court?

Sentenced to probation one week ago [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I was sentenced to 18mo probation a week ago, the drug testing contacted me 3days after that, I tested positive for THC but have not smoked in over 60 days, I have not even met my probation officer yet, this was not a drug related misdomiener, help, I do not want to go to jail, thank you Lagd

View more questions Search