Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartyangelgirl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2018, 06:39 AM
    Why do people roast and call others out on the Internet?
    Since we have a somewhat new "culture" of calling out and roasting people on the Internet and a lot of people seem to be attracted to this kind of social media drama, would it be weird of me to admit that I fully disagree with this popular exchange of insults? Especially in the case of famous YouTubers or other Internet celebrities who feel the whole world, especially their fans, needs to know about some hate mail they got in their inbox or even get easily offended by anyone who expresses the slightest disagreement and immediately that person is deemed a "hater"? And then when their fans immediately jump in and defend their "dearest idol", uplifting and empowering the person they admire and look up to while disparaging anyone who, to them, has "thrown shade" on their favourite celebrity? Where's the equality in that? This world wasn't built on sameness and people are allowed to disagree, but they don't need to be brushed off and treated as "haters" unless they are mercilessly harassing a celebrity to the point of becoming a troll and at the very extreme, making death threats and that's where further action needs to be taken. Even with this all said, some celebrities make it a point to let all of their fans know about any kind of "hate" they get which then starts an online war of insults between one another and to me that just creates enemies rather than friends. Why can't they use their intelligence and just learn to deal with the matter diplomatically, maturely and privately so that neither they, nor the "hater" in question feel dehumanized?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2018, 07:34 AM
    It's a reality check! Simply put and just my opinion, there are a lot of haters, and trolls with keyboard courage and too much time on there hands. Why do you feed on such nonsense as there are many better ways to explore the beauty and good in the world with other like people?

Personally I stay off the celebrity sites. When I do come across interesting articles about them, I skip the comments after.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2018, 04:37 PM
    Personally,I couldn't care less about " celebrity" persons. Nothing but self aggrandizement.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 22, 2018, 04:46 AM
    I see bits of this on the fringes and run in disgust. My question for you is why do you watch and read? Throughout history, there have been ways to gather and gossip and disparage, but the internet allows for that to enlarge to a size of unlimited number. Oh, and people were busier back then, having to survive.

I'm 71. I've watched countless celebrities have their years of fame, then some bow out gracefully, and some hang on using desperate means. Ask me if I care.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2018, 10:17 AM
    I see the problem as 2 fold.

One: you have a culture that is addicted to the internet and all of its features including its shortcomings. People mercilessly seach for information and clickbait to the next thrill line. In these days there are almost as many bots operating in the internet as there are people at any given time. That being said people unleash them to play games with the addicted.

Two: those alerts you keep getting are a way to manipulate you into looking at whatever "they" want you to. It is an artificial enviroment created by others to make you think something is going on when it is not. On youtube you can but subs. So at the end of the day what really does it mean to have subs ??? This instant celeb of the moment is just a twinkle in internet times.

Turn it off and step away and you will thank yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2018, 11:54 AM
    Great post CDad, but I'am confused by this part of it...

On youtube you can but subs. So at the end of the day what really does it mean to have subs ???
    Help! 8O
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2018, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Great post CDad, but I'am confused by this part of it...

On youtube you can but subs. So at the end of the day what really does it mean to have subs ???

Help! 8O
    "On YouTube, you can buy subscriptions. So at the end of the day, what really does it mean to have subscriptions???"
    Crowley666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2018, 04:43 PM
    Because people think they are better than other people. People are very cruel in today's world. Don't ever care to worry about the others feelings. M
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 26, 2018, 02:39 PM
    Yes thanks Wondergirl. Yes I didnt check what I had written and the word was supposed to be "buy" not but. When the top people on youtube are making in the millions it becomes a self serving prophacy. So popularity is really an illusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to roast a 10 kilo sirloin roast? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a vacuum sealed 10 kilo USDA choice sirloin from costco. I want to slow roast it at under 300F. How long? Should I sear it?

People cannot call my voip number, but I can call out [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday the phone worked today it does not. Incoming caller hears amessage saying to contact their provider because the call is being treated as a local call but should be treated as a long distance call. I myself tried calling "HOME" from my cell and had the same problem, I contacted the cell...

How to write she said you should call her instead posing for people [ 4 Answers ]

How to write she said you should call or email her instead posing for people

Why people from The you.S. Are call Yanquis [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know Why people from The United States are call Yanquis?

People call me emo! [ 13 Answers ]

Well now only person does but for some reason he's kind of popular I'm really good friends with his best friend but that doesn't change anything you can examin my body and you'll find no knife cuts I used to but not any more and it really annoy's me he just has something against me all I want to do...

View more questions Search