Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mssalem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2018, 03:23 PM
    fair market value
    I want to sell a property I inherited from my parent 50 years ago i before I immigrated to usa. How to provide the IRS with a fair market value of the property at time of inheritance?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2018, 01:54 PM
    That will be tricky. I would go to my library, ask if they have any want ads from50 years ago, probably micro film or microfiche, and peruse them. As an alternative, check with your local tax office to see if they have a valuation from 50 years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

fair market value for taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Left house in father's will with stepmother having life use. He died and she signed it over a few years after. Which date do I use to determine fair market value, his death date or the date she signed it over?

Change in fair market value [ 0 Answers ]

glover enterprises receives a donation of 100 acres of and from the city of New Orleans as an incentive for Glover to locate a new plant in New Orleans. The grant stipulates that Glover Enterprises must build a manufacturing plant and a warehouse containing at least 250,000sq ft. In addition, at...

Need Fair Market Value from 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

My mother gave me a quit deed to her house (which is on my land with my own house) in October 2007. Now I'm trying to sell my entire property and found out that the IRS will want the Fair Market Value from that date on my mom's house whenever I sell and file taxes. My realtor has told me that's...

Fair market value [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a practice set in accounting, when I got to this transaction it stumped me... What do I debit and credit? How much for? Purchased Land and an office building for $145,000, of which $100,800 was attributable to the fair market value of the building. A $55,000 cash down payment was...

View more questions Search