Ask
    mthinti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2018, 12:28 PM
    Interpreting Blood results
    What does it mean to receive a blood test report that says:

- HSV Type 1 & 2 IgM negative
    - HSV Type 1 & 2 IgG positive
    - HSV Type 2 IgG negative

I am confused, is it a positive or a negative?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2018, 01:01 PM
    Call your doctor, I get full bloodwork done every year and they explain and point out anything that deviates from normal ranges and will explain any other questions. Some of them are dependent on your medical history.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2018, 03:19 PM
    That is what your doctor is for. However, from what I recall, it appears you may have a positive for a type of Herpes.
    mthinti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2018, 10:38 AM
    Thanks Smoothy... my problem is I have actually learned more about this matter from internet than from the Dr. She actually gave me the results over the phone, and said I probably once had a cold sore in my life (which I have not). I went to get the copy of the results hoping I will understand something, but I got confused that there is an IgG test that says Negative, and one that says Positive in one report. I intend seeing another Dr for second test, at least now from reading about it I have an idea of what to ask and that I should get results that show index value and have the levels explained.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interpreting drug test results [ 11 Answers ]

What do these drug test numbers mean? Report is from Quest Diagnostics. Test name: Marijuana by GC/MS, Urine In Range column: 57 Out of range column: blank Reference Range: ng/mL Detection Limit: 15ng/mL

Interpreting MRI results [ 2 Answers ]

My MRI Study reveal Mild mucosal thickening is seen in right maxillary & bilateral ethmoid sinuses. Please clarify the problem & treatment. Thanks in advance

Interpreting Drug Test Results [ 2 Answers ]

If I take a normal daily dosage of 4-6 hydrocodone 10/500 what should the results be on a urine test? And also for taking 1.5 mg daily of clonazepam? I have been taking these meds for over a year now.

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

View more questions Search