Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranibo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2018, 01:09 AM
    Personal finance questions
    I need help with a case study I'm working on for personal finance. I need help with the answers for the case study. I need legit and detailed answers for each question. Please help me out.
    Here is the case study:Don and Kristen are a married couple. Don works as an engineer bringing home $50,000 per year and Kristen is a teacher bringing home $30,000 per year. They both have monthly college loans of $425 each. They rent a one-bedroom apartment for $825 per month. They have not done any financial planning – for current needs or looking to the future.
    Here are the questions:
    1) Describe two short-term, two intermediate, and two long-term goals for Don and Kristen using the “S.M.A.R.T. Goals” principles (Chapter One).

2) Using the “key principles of financial planning” (Chapter One) make three suggestions to Don and Kristen as they look at their current financial position.

3) Describe to Don and Kristen how using personal financial statements (Chapter Two) on a regular basis, will help them with their finances.

4) Explain to Don and Kristen how an income and expense statement (Chapter Two) will help them on a monthly basis with their finances.

5) Share with Don and Kristen the three “biggest budget mistakes” (Chapter Two) and what to do to avoid making these mistakes.

6) Describe to Don and Kristen the three problems with low interest rates (Chapter Three).

7) As Don and Kristen look at changing the bank they use on a regular basis – explain to them what the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation does for each person’s accounts (Chapter Three).

8) Don and Kristen want to invest $1,000 for one year at their bank. The bank is paying a simple interest rate of 5%. Explain to them how simple interest works and what they will receive after that first year’s investment. (Chapter Three)

9) Using the tax rate structure given on pages 92 and 93 in our textbook; explain to Don and Kristen what their tax liability would be at the end of 2018 based upon their current monthly incomes (Chapter Four).

10)After reviewing the differences between tax deductions and tax credits (Chapter Four), give two suggestions to Don and Kristen as they file their tax forms for 2018.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2018, 01:26 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to help we wont do all the work for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2018, 03:33 AM
    A hundred bucks for 10 questions plus taxes, shipping and handling. No refunds or guarantees.*

Visa or Master Card accepted, NO PERSONAL CHECKS!

*Must include reference text.**

**No return on reference texts
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2018, 03:09 PM
    WHAT?? Talk about privileged people. Legit and detailed? Please,do you self a favor and go shovel at McDonalds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone answer my personal finance homework question Please? [ 2 Answers ]

Now that you have a full time job you are ready to start investing for retirement. Your corporation will match 50 cents of each dollar that you put in your 401K account up to the first $7,000. You have altogether $15,000 that you can afford to save this year. How should you split your money between...

Personal Finance Questions [ 1 Answers ]

The example states: "What are the after tax mortgage payments on a $200,000, 30 year fixed rate mortgage that has an annual fixed interest rate of 5%? Payments are made monthly." The question is: There is a problem with this exam problem. What is it? Am I right in saying that in order to...

Personal finance [ 4 Answers ]

For a interest checking there is a monthly service charge of $7; interest of 3%, compounded daily. With a minimum balance of $1500, the monthly charge is waived

Personal finance software without revealing personal information [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any personal finance software that doesn't require you to put in your personal information.I just need something that I can add and subtract on my own without giving all my personal information to a for profit corporation. I don't need a separate company to keep track of all my banking, I...

View more questions Search