Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wicked12you Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2018, 12:05 PM
    Crazy word problem
    You want to measure one cup of liquid but have only two containers that measure 5 cups and 3 cups. How can I use the two containers to measure 1 cup?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2018, 12:19 PM
    fill one from the other twice ;)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2018, 09:14 PM
    Very simple. Pour 3 cups into the 5. What space is left in the 5 cup--and you have a 3 cup--- so??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word Problem [ 3 Answers ]

A boat travels downstream 140 miles and back at its maximum speed. It takes 5 hours to get downstream and 7 hours to get back. Use a system to find the speed of the current.

Word problem [ 0 Answers ]

Tonya works part time in a store at the mall.She is paid about $200 per week before taxes and social security.Tonya pays about $40 out of each weekly check for taxes and social secirity total. What percent of the $200 weekly pay os Tonya paying for taxes and social security?

Word problem [ 7 Answers ]

Ron Stokes uses 2 pounds of fertilizer for every 100 square feet of lawn for landscape maintenance. At this rate, how many pounds of fertilizer did he use on a lawn that measures 3500 square feet?

A word problem [ 3 Answers ]

A pool is filled by two pipes. It takes the first pipe 2 hours more and the second pipe 4 hours more to fill it than both pipes at the same time. The book says that the first pipe fills the pool in 5 hours and the second one in 7.5 hours, so I think I did something wrong. Anyway, here's what I...

View more questions Search