Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2018, 10:56 PM
    Is it legal?
    Hi guys, so I live in NYC rn and I've been living with my current ex boyfriend for 1.5 years. He has never contributed to paying the rent, cable, or electric in the place. When I first moved in, I had a lease under my name. It expired July 2017 and now I have no lease. He has never paid rent and has never been in the lease. I'm tired of him not contributing to anything and I told him he has to leave in a week and he refuses. He wants me to let him stay a month so he can save up and leave meaning he'll keep not contributing. I can't because I'm a student and this living situation is driving me crazy. He's never been violent but the things he says really disturb my peace. If he doesn't leave next Friday, can I place his things outside my apt and I'll watch them until he gets home so nothing gets stolen or destroyed without getting in trouble? Can he call the cops on me and get me in trouble? Thanks for your input, guys. I can't handle this anymore.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 15, 2018, 01:53 AM
    You will have to properly evict him according to your local laws. You cannot put his things out and change locks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the legal rights of an adopted donor child, once he/she reaches legal age? [ 4 Answers ]

Does the child have a right to know the donor-father? If the adopted family (legal family) underwent a divorce, what child-support rights do the child have pertaining to the legal father? Especially once legal age (21) is reached? Can the child/teen take his biological father's last name?

Nys parole PO denies any contact w/ legal wife - criminal hist. Is this legal [ 1 Answers ]

Parole denies any contact, phone, letters, visits, etc. w/ my legal wife because she is a convicted felon and one rule while on parole is to have no contact w/ known felons

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

View more questions Search