Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmaemartinez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2018, 01:11 PM
    Fathers rights
    HI, my daughters father and my now ex husband had been convicted of child molestation and he thinks he has rights to my daughter. He is supposed to get out in 2034 I do not feel he should. Has anyone experienced this? Once I am remarried I want my fiancé to be able to adopt her as he is the only father she knows
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2018, 04:17 PM
    Unless and until his parental rights have been terminated by the court... then yes he does. But that doesn't mean he has much of a chance at getting custody at all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2018, 05:25 PM
    What state?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old son that lives with his mother in Oceanside, California. I live in 29 Palms, California about 3 hours away. We are both active duty in the military. We recently had a child support case. I filed a motion for joint custody because she would not allow me to see my son. I have...

If fathers rights are terminated what rights does his parents have [ 4 Answers ]

My children's fathers rigths were terminated by the courts and now I'm hearing through the grape vine that his mother is going to fight for custody. I live in wv and she lives in pa.

Fathers Rights [ 6 Answers ]

I split up with my ex partner around 2 and a half years ago now and my son is now 3 years old who I lived with for the first 6 months . Since the split I have had allot of problems with access to my son , First off , I am not abusive nore am I an unfit parent but ever since the brake up my ex has...

Fathers rights [ 5 Answers ]

Can I ask the father of my unborn child to give up his parental rights? Will it be binding even after the child is born?

Fathers rights [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé is divorced and recently found out that two of the children he is paying child support on are not his kids. How would he go about signing away his rights on those two children?

View more questions Search