Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BecaNOtie1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2018, 08:50 AM
    What is the difference between a migraine disorder and an arachnoid cyst on the brain
    My doc said I have a migraine disorder, I think my symptoms are caused from my cyst. Anyone can help me? I have ringing in my ears and visions goes out sometimes THEN my head will start to feel like its full of something and the pressure is unbearable. I do have migraines, but what I feel on a day to day basis isn't a migraine or a normal headache!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2018, 09:23 AM
    Cyst? What kind of cyst do you have?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2018, 12:14 PM
    How do you know it is an Arachnoid cyst? What tests were done to indicate same?
    Tired_Yeti Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2018, 09:51 AM
    Honestly? YOUR DOCTOR told you that you have migraine disorder. You disagree so I instead of scheduling with a neurologist and getting a 2nd opinion, you come to Dr. Google and ask the general public? LOL! Come on. I’m a nurse, but I’m not going to try to assess you through a forum. You need to get a 2nd medical opinion from a licensed medical doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 15, 2018, 12:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tired_Yeti View Post
    Honestly? YOUR DOCTOR told you that you have migraine disorder. You disagree so I instead of scheduling with a neurologist and getting a 2nd opinion, you come to Dr. Google and ask the general public? LOL! Come on. I’m a nurse, but I’m not going to try to assess you through a forum. You need to get a 2nd medical opinion from a licensed medical doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We don't assess anyone who comes here wanting a diagnosis.
    BecaNOtie1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2020, 01:54 PM
    Yes. It's an arachnoid cyst I've had three opinions on a three different doctors told me from the CAT scan and the MRI that it is indeed an arachnoid cyst

I wasn't asking for a diagnosis my neurologist was the one who said I had a migraine disorder all I'm asking is what is the difference between a migraine disorder and knowing that something or thinking that something could be caused from an arachnoid cyst that I have in my brain how can I know that I have a migraine disorder instead of something wrong with my cyst? That's all I was asking not asking for anyone 2 diagnose me
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2020, 06:22 PM
    The difference is best expressed by one of your doctors and none here is one. That's the problem with asking health questions on the net. If you have had different opinions already from doctors then whatever treatment they recommend is what you will follow, and they probably have expressed the ways to go about that treatment. What do they recommend?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Migraine [ 2 Answers ]

I have this friend who just told me that he gets migraines quite often and feels the pain in the occipital area where neck meets head, lower back, temporal area, top of head, and in sinus area below eyes. He also stated his fingers go numb or tingle sometimes. I was wondering what all could be...

Anankastic personality disorder with somatization disorder [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 25, a single man. My condition concerns me for many years. More than once I was appealing to neurologists and psychiatrists. Also I was myself researching some medical information. Doctors was making diagnoses: obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety-depressive syndrome with somatization...

Pain from ovarian cyst after cyst is gone [ 1 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter had an ovarian cyst about 4 months ago (6cm in size). She was put on birth control and the cyst went away after about 2 months, but she has pain in her abdomen almost every day. It gets worse when she is working out or playing sports. She has been given pain medicine but...

Arachnoid Cysts? [ 2 Answers ]

Ironclad here!! I need feedback on what this thing is really? I'm curious, because my granma ma has this and I need insight! Anyone got advice on this?

Cyst in son's brain [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone have information on the effects of a cyst in a child's brain.My son has a walnut size cyst in the top of his brain.He has a significant delay in speech,and shows signs of developing OCD.please share your thoughts with me.:

View more questions Search