Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tolson1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2018, 08:42 AM
    HIPPA violation question
    If my doctor's office write me a letter and mentioned my health disparity in the letter, which also includes my name and address, is this a HIPPA violation?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 10, 2018, 09:20 AM
    No, this is not a violation if the letter was directed to you and addressed to you.

And by the way it is HIPAA not HIPPA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa violation [ 7 Answers ]

Working in billing for customer service where we receive call after call to discuss a patient's bill. If we do not ask the relationship of the caller to the patient is that a hippa violation?

What is a hippa violation [ 5 Answers ]

Can an employer call a health care provider to verify if a staff members next of kin is a patience in care.. (the father of a manager was on life support, in which case the father lost his life after the machine was turned off. While the father was on life support the employer call and verified the...

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Question of Hippa violation between employees devulging their own health issues [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is a director in environmental services department and he was made aware by HR that one of his employees filed a Hippa violation against another housekeeping employee for telling why this employee was off work on FMLA. The employee off on FMLA specifically told this other housekeeper...

Is This a Hippa Violation? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. Recently my husband was in the hospital in the ICU. One of his doctors, while in a public area of the ICU became aggravated with my sister and I asking her questions and very loudly told my sister and I that he had cancer and was dying. She further said that everything they...

View more questions Search