Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Feb 6, 2018, 04:27 PM
    How can I unclog my ear so I can hear?
    My doctor said I had a lot of wax in my ears and recommended some over the counter ear drops to remove it. Last night was my third treatment and I put the drops in one ear and laid on a pillow with that ear facing up for 15 minutes. I then took a shower and let warm water run through my ear. Ever since the treatment, my ear has felt very clogged and my hearing is muffled. It feels like I went swimming and got water trapped in my ear and it won't come out. It's super annoying? Will this go away on its own? If not, what should I do about it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2018, 05:33 PM
    You could try taking EXTRA time to let your ears drain after a shower, by holding your head side way longer.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 7, 2018, 05:18 AM
    Doctors will 'blow' your ears to unclog. It is a draining method and quite safe. I guess your doctor was just too lazy to do it, or forgot it could be done. Why did you lay with the ear facing up. You should have put a towel under your head and laid with ear on the pillow. Letting warm water run through your ear only ascerbates the problem and will do nothing to correct the problem.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 7, 2018, 07:30 AM
    Her ear was facing up while the drops were in it.

Buy a small bulb syringe in any drugstore and fill a bowl with warm water.
    After the 15 minutes letting the drops sit in your ear, gently squirt water in your ear, while leaning over a sink. Do it as many times as you can. If you don't see wax clumps coming out, do it every day for several days. Then, if still nothing, get a nurse at a clinic to do it. Doesn't need a MD.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ravengurl92 View Post
    I then took a shower and let warm water run through my ear........ It feels like I went swimming and got water trapped in my ear and it won't come out.

That's exactly what you did.

Read joypulv above and follow her instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you unclog a toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I can't unclog my toilet. Any suggestions?

Unclog a drain [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to unclog a faucet drain?

Unclog vents [ 2 Answers ]

How to unclog a bathtub vent?

How do you unclog a toilate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried a plunger, of course first. Then went to Lowe's and got a toilate auger 3' and tried that, still the toilate will not flush without me having to turn off water and let it SLOWLY drain out. Is there anything else I can try before calling a plumber? Thanks!

View more questions Search