Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wjdski Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2018, 07:05 PM
    Tile over tougne and groove
    I want my tile to extend into our walk in closet from the bathroom . I put a new sub floor in the bathroom (3/4 ply ) but don't want to rip out the T&G in the closet ( just a pain in the ). It's an old house with 1" T&G over the joist's .The closet is 5' by 8' and I was wondering if it would be okay to put down 1/4" intergaply over it and then tile .
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2018, 07:50 PM
    I think your spelling is off a bit. IntegraPly? According to their website, "IntegraPly™ is the only plywood underlayment recommended for use with floor and wall ceramic tile by The Tile Council of North America (Clemson University)".

wjdski Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2018, 08:12 PM
    I know that ,did you read my question ? Is it okay to be use over T&G flooring . I don't know if T&G flooring is a stable base or is there to much movement for tiling over even with The 1/4'" plywood underlayment .
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2018, 08:14 AM
    Look at the IntegraPly website. Most likely they have a "contact us".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue and groove floor gaps [ 21 Answers ]

We had a 1 1/2" thick tongue and groove floor installed for the upper level of our cabin which also serves as the ceiling of our main level. It looks great on the main level but upstairs, there are wide spaces where the tongue and groove meet. The boards weren't perfect and it rained and rained...

How do I stop my tongue bar from making a groove? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my tongue perced for around 2 years ago and have a groove on the top of my tongue from where the ball on the bar has been sitting I know its not too tight because I have change it 4 times with 3 different bar sizes so how can I stop it making the groove and getting rid of the groove...

Old oak tongue & groove flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Did they contruct oak tongue and groove flooring without a subfloor?

View more questions Search