Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShawMC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2018, 08:07 AM
    Tax question on living is separate states CA vs AZ
    I work and live in CA and my soon to be wife fiancés and works in AZ. We own nothing in CA but have rentals and home in AZ. She carries the loan on one of them and I carry the loan on the other3. I stay at my family's house in CA and so no rent in CA.

We are getting married this year. Can I file taxes in Ca and she files taxes I AZ? What is the best option?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2018, 10:49 AM
    You mean file 2018 taxes in 2019, right?
    You will be married, regardless of when you marry.
    Generally you will file a joint federal return, and possibly separate state returns. But it depends on state law.
    So use a software program good for two states to work it both ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married but living in separate states [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are planning to file our federal return MFJ but I live, own a residence and work strictly in Minnesota. My husband lives and works strictly in South Dakota. If we file our federal taxes jointly do I need to file a state return in SD? Does he need to file a state return in MN?

Tax question: Married living and working in different states (NY and NJ) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, your guidance with this question would be highly appreciate it. I live in NJ and work in NJ. My wife lives in NY and works in NY. She did not live in NJ for any part of the year. We plan to file as Married Filing Jointly (MFJ) for federal taxes but we are not sure how the state taxes...

State tax question for couple living and working in different states [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a question with regards to filing of state taxes for Couple living and working in different states.My wife is a resident Of CA and her only source of income is from CA. I am a resident of NJ and my only source of income is from NJ. I was hoping someone Explain how we go about filing...

Living in separate states [ 1 Answers ]

My problem. My husband is being sued for bills that he and ex-wife incurred while they were married. She agreed to pay said debts when the 401k was distrubeted. She moved to Florida and has remarried. The debts are still not paid all of a sudden we are being told that Florida has no garnisment...

Spouse full time residents in separate states : states taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I got married in Dec 2006. He was a full time CA resident in 2006 and still lives there and got income only from CA. I was a fulltime Kentucky resident in 2006 and still live here and got my income only from KY. We can file federal taxes jointly. But what do we do for state...

View more questions Search