Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bperfectly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Airguide barometer
    I purchased an Airguide Instrument Company barometer with temperature and humidity dials on it at an auction. I was wondering how to set the barometer and if there are any instruction manuals for this. I also was wondering how to read the barometer.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Apr 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

It is somewhat challenging to determine how to set the barometer without actually looking at it but many aneroid barometers which is most likely the type you have are set by using a small screw in the back. You can determine local readings from another barometer with known accuracy or possibly from the news and then set yours accordingly.

There are two types of pressure to consider...

Station pressure and sea-level pressure

Station pressure is the actual pressure at your location
    Sea-level pressure is the adjusted pressure depending on what your elevation is.

The local news should be providing you with sea-level pressure.

Your barometer most likely has units of in Hg which is inches of mercury.
    Normal pressure is 29.92 in Hg
    Anything below that is considered low and above that is considered high.

As a general trend lower pressures tend to bring poor or wet weather and high pressures tend to bring good or dry weather. You may even see descriptive words such as "fair", "stormy", or "dry" on your barometer as indicators to that.

If you have a small dial on the front with a small arm you can set that to the current pressure reading, then, as the pressure changes you can track if it is going up or down and how fast it is changing as well if you record the time of your readings. If pressure is dropping quickly it can mean bad weather coming and if it is rising quickly it can mean bad weather going away and better weather on the way in. If it remains steady, your weather will tend to persist as it is.

These are some tips in a nutshell but hopefully it was helpful information. Let us know if you need anything else.
    Good luck on the manual. Since the company is no longer in business it will be a challenge.
    yarralv1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 06:52 PM
    I have an airguide barometer, with temp. and humidity gauges on the left and right side of the barometer it worked perfectly when not moved since I have it ,it has been moved and the rising and falling of the barometer always stays the same,help
    Marilyn K Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 07:52 AM
    We bought a Airguide Barometer compensator and would like to Clean the face inside but can not figure out how to take it apart, or can you do that?
    Thank you, Marilyn Ricke [email protected]
    SheilaJune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 12:17 PM
    I have an Airguide barometer. It has a red needle and a blue needle. What do each one of these needles tell me. Also, there are 3 needles that look like they are used for setting or adjusting. Do I need to mess with these, and if so, how do I do this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airguide Barometer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40's vintage Airguide Barometer with a broken face glass. I am looking for a replacement glass the glass is 4 3/4 inches in diameter. Any suggestions where I might look for a replacement.

Airguide Barometer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Airguide Barometer with humidity and temperature indicators as well. The Barometer looks like 60's era equipment. It is an indoor unit wood frame, glass front w/dial indicators and I keep it in the living room. The Barometer reading was 26.5 but online the weather statistics indicated...

View more questions Search