Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liza_ITSLiza Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2018, 07:51 PM
    I can't deal with my depression, I'm missing school
    Hello everyone my name is Elizabeth, I'm 24 and I'm in a very bad trouble please help me.
    I study fine arts (Ma) in an art school, everything was going well before Christmas holidays and I was doing well at school but during the holiday I got homesick and my depression came back to me and that made me want to stay at home and don't talk to anyone. I avoided going to school after holidays about three weeks without letting the school know what's going on. They sent me lots of emails to know why I'm not going to school but I kept ignoring I don't know why.. I just cant handle it. I got a second warning from school and the next one means I withdraw the course and that means the end of my life to me. It wasn't easy for me to enroll the school but my depression is much stronger than me. I am doing something without knowing the reason. I guess It's a kind of self destruction. I'm so confused.
    But now. I just have to write an email to school, let them know I want to continue and go to school from tomorrow. I spent more than four hours but I cant write a single sentence. I'm scared and just cant concentrate. Could you please help me and write me an email to describe what I said in a formal way? I'm from russia and my english is not that well.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2018, 08:08 PM
    Are you in Russia now?

Jan 28, 2018, 08:12 PM
    No, I came to California in October to do this course I was so motivated but I'm homesick now.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 29, 2018, 04:24 AM
    What you wrote here is just fine! Use it as your email.
    Your school should have HELP for you, a clinic. Use it, please. Use the Dean's office too, to ask for time off. They are very familiar with depressed students.
    I know, when you are depressed you don't get out, don't want to get out, can't deal with much of anything.
    But you came here, so that's something.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 29, 2018, 07:54 AM
    The priority here is to get help for your depression and end your isolation. In getting that help your email will have a medical explanation for your absence, that also benefits you. I take it you are in California with family and friends, correct me if this is not true.

My apologies for not answering your inquiry in a timely manner, but currently I am dealing with a health issue that is delaying my continuing study. I hope to have this situation under better control in a few weeks and your consideration in this matter would be greatly appreciated. A better time line may become apparent and I will be diligent in keeping you informed of my progress.

Unless you proactively address your issue though, all that effort goes for naught, and delays the inevitable, and the school will not have a lot of good options to deal with your absence. Get the help you need as most of us cannot overcome challenges you are facing ALONE.

Good Luck
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 29, 2018, 04:50 PM
    ''I am dealing with a health issue??''
    This is the very school that can help her! She needs to tell that exactly what she said first about being horribly depressed!!!
    (I think she is in the US all alone)

Jan 29, 2018, 04:58 PM
    You're right I'm alone, I don't have any friend or family to talk to and get advice. And that's my biggest issue. And I don't want to let my family know that I'm not going to school since it's a private school and they have spent a lot of money for the fees.
    Writing an email to school shouldn't be that difficult for a normal person, but I didn't attend to school because I'm making something horrible out of this. I just don't know what to say I'm scared if they go mad at me for being irresponsible. If I could do that and talk to them and make sure they are not mad at me I would definitely go to school after the first week of being absent. I know I'm making it bigger than what it is but can't do anything about it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2018, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liza_ITSLiza View Post
    I'm scared if they go mad at me for being irresponsible. If I could do that and talk to them and make sure they are not mad at me
    I'm betting the school isn't mad at you. If anything, they are confused and probably very concerned. How about calling the dean's office or the counseling office?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 29, 2018, 06:56 PM
    Who are you staying with in California? Why California?
    matthewanxiety Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2018, 10:36 PM
    Why are you so dressed? Anything happened to you which makes you feel stressed? Depression is when something wrong occurs in your life, discuss your problem with your friends whom who trust most or any other person who is close to your heart. May be sharing heals you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have depression but how to deal with it [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bullied since grade 4 I've lost all my confidence and I am 14 now, I have tried to gain confidence, these past few months (6-5) I have dealt with break of friendship, people who I could say I could trust I trusted and was broken into pieces, I've seen a counsellor but I lied I said...

How can I deal with this depression alone? [ 7 Answers ]

My name is Jackie I'm about 19 and have been expecting for sometime that I suffer from severe depression. I'm not one of those girls who likes attention it terrifies me actually and my parents and boyfriend are starting to be able to tell that something deeper is wrong. I honestly would rather be...

Has any one had to deal with depression [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently dealing with depression and panic attackis. I'm in a partical hospital and it came to me getting dichared any one have anying coping skills ?

Has any one had to deal with depression [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently dealing with it and I just wondering what everone else dose to cope ?

Has any one had to deal with depression [ 2 Answers ]

Any one dealing how coping skills ?

View more questions Search