Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2018, 04:50 PM
    Dryer vent
    My son is trying to put a hole in a cinder block wall for a dryer vent. He drilled a number of holes in a 4 inch circle and was able to pop out the concrete, but the cavity in the block is only about 3 inches wide, so these are evidently blocks with more than two cavities in them. What is his next step? Can he just take out one side of the cavity to make for a 4 inch hole?

Might add that this is a two story wall.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2018, 06:29 PM
    No problem doing that to just 1 block. Look at a wall vent, they take out a whole block!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inside dryer glowing at vent. Outside of dryer very hot? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore electric dryer. The inside was glowing orange through the vent. The outside was very very hot especially on the top. Not sure of the problem.

Dryer Vent into Heater Vent? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible OK to feed a dryer vent into an already existing heater vent? I am thinking of installing a dryer in the middle of lower level two story house. The closest vent is the heater in the closet with the heater and water heater. Is it OK to run the went from the dryer into one of these...

My electric dryer vent from dryer to wall collects A LOT of water. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer which is vented through the attic to the roof. The vent from the dryer outlet to the wall collects a *HUGE-* amount of water resulting in an excessive amount of drying time (if I'm lucky, they finally dry!). When I emptied the vent & rehooked everything up, I noted that...

Would a clogged dryer vent keep a dryer from turning on? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relatively new GE stack W/D - would a clogged dryer vent keep the dryer from turning on? Does it have a sensor to keep it from turning on if it senses a blockage?

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

View more questions Search