Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tefjaf46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2018, 08:06 AM
    Questions to ask a dying person about fiancés
    What to ask about his finances and how he wants then handled?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2018, 09:02 AM
    Who are you to him? Does this person have a will? Is he mentally stable, and fit to decide or answer such a question? You left out about a million important facts, and details which may, or may not be covered by local laws, and that begs for a location to consider.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 28, 2018, 09:07 AM
    A fiance is someone you are engaged to be married to.
    You might want to edit the spelling in the title.

You don't ask a dying person anything about his finances unless you have been asked by that person to do so, or are empowered by a bank, lawyer, or the family.

But if you have permission, then ask for a description of all assets and life insurance, and debts.
    Bank accounts
    Insurance policies
    Will
    Trust
    Deed to property
    Debts: Charge cards, car loans, mortgages, utilities, anything else

Then if you have permission, you go through the home to gather all the account numbers and contact info. Bring a trustworthy (to everyone) witness.

If there is no will, then ask for permission to have a law firm send someone to the dying person BEFORE anything else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement on a person who is dying. [ 10 Answers ]

This has been going on for a year and a half of chasing him job to job for a judgement. Now because of his illness he is moving in with his family. I have tried to get the vehicle that he owned but was not worth what he owes me. He has no checking/savings accounts but owns a mobile home, not the...

How to write to a person dying? [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My sister-in-law is dying of cancer, our sister, without my knowledge, asked my brother if I could come and see her. My brother and I are not close, never have been, no contact at all. I don't want to see either of them, hopefully he'll say no. I think a letter would be better but I don't...

Writing a Letter to a Dying Person [ 8 Answers ]

I need to write a letter to a friend who has a terminal illness. What can I say in such a situation?

Ok So I am a cat person, with questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I actually got some questions... On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens. I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers. The tan are both male, and the grays are...

View more questions Search