Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wuffsaur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2018, 12:48 PM
    Old movie I barely remember.
    Hi movie experts,

I saw a movie when I was a kid and I've been trying to remember it for years. I saw it around 1991-1994ish meaning it was at least older than that.

There are two scenes that I remember, both of which happen near the end of the film. I think the overall story was some kind of end-of-the-world, possibly sun related, not sure.

1. When 'the end is near' the main guy knows about it, I think it was something about the sun? Weather? As he is panicking and trying to get up into an apartment building, he buys some stuff with a woman he's trying to save. He gives the man all of the cash in his wallet and hastily walks away. The woman remarks on the fact that he did this.

2. After whatever happens happens, in the ending scene, the man says something along the lines of "we've been blessed with another day" or "the sun/god/whatever has given us another day".

Thanks!
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jan 27, 2018, 02:51 PM
    The Outer Limits (TV anthology series), "Inconstant Moon" (1996 telecast) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incons..._Outer_Limits)

A physics professor spots that the Moon is extremely bright. He realizes that the Sun must have gone nova and the side of the Earth in daylight must be suffering extreme heat — and that he has only a few hours left to live. He speaks to another academic and decides that it would be better if people did not know what had happened.
    He contacts a woman whom he had been in love with and invites her to go for a walk with him; a love story ensues where he and the woman marry on what they assume is their last night on Earth. He is forced to admit what is going on to the woman, who is initially extremely disconcerted and distrustful of his intentions, although he defers these misgivings by repeatedly professing his love.
    When they go to her apartment to share a final meal, he begins to suspect that the Earth is merely being hit by an extreme solar flare, and he begins to plan for an extended period of survival, despite his new wife's reluctance to accept possibly false hope. He turns out to be correct, and the professor and his wife are one of the few left alive despite extreme flooding...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I barely remember this movie but for some reason [ 1 Answers ]

I rememeber kids hiding monsters in a closet or pantry from their parents or something any one know this movie

Cannot remember the movie title, or the actors in it, but I remember the storyline? [ 0 Answers ]

So this movie is set in late 90s early 2000 era Boy and girl grow up next to each other, he's in love with her but never tells her, he goes off to culinary school at the CIA and later works as a server for a catering company He freaks out while serving at the girl's engagement party She ends up...

I remember this old black and white movie but can't remember its title [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching this old black and white movie as a child (over 40 years ago). Every time the father would get angry, he kicks out the families TV set.. His family would all cry and his wife would make him sleep on the sofa downstairs. I remember this happening several times in the movie.....

I can't remember the title of a movie anymore, but I remember the storyboard [ 7 Answers ]

The movie begins with a man (the acter is Will Smith) and his son. He is a normal guy with his own problems but suddenly he gets fired and loses his own home and doesn't know how to survive. But later he is getting back in the normal lifestyle and eventually starts his own company, then he sels it...

Old cartoon movie or show I barely remember [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the title of this old cartoon movie I remember from when I was just a little kid. I don't remember it too well so my details might be a little off. I'm pretty sure it was a fantasy/adventure cartoon with a boy and a girl as main characters with some helpful creatures (some kind...

View more questions Search