Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankpetersen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2018, 08:57 AM
    Our Margas 36 direct vent is burning very yellow.
    How do I increase the air flow to the burner to get a more efficient blue flame?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2018, 10:22 AM
    Are your vents, both outside and inside clear? Marco direct vent fireplaces has gone out of business and taken over by Lennox. You should contact a dealer near you for information. According to Lennox, any vent adjustments should be done by them, so very little information is available.

No owners manual found. Sorry.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2018, 09:36 PM
    If it is a direct vent, make sure the outside inlet is clear. I have seen mud dauber and paper wasp nests in the housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My intake vent is hot on my direct vent fireplace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a direct vent stove installed. I'm curious how hot should the intake air pipe be? The run is about 18" and it has a rise of 1/8" to 1/4". There is a 6" fixed piece, a 7-12" adjustable piece which is at about 9" and the termination. When checking down the adjustable length I minimized any...

Margas fireplace? Custom 36 direct vent air shutter adjustment [ 0 Answers ]

Air shutter adjustment to increase flame

Burners are burning yellow/orange [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMP100-4 I had some problems with the upper limit switch, replaced that, but now it keeps getting thrown, When I set down and watched the furnace go through its steps I first noticed that the form of the burn was a little off, I did see a little dust and stuff in and around the...

How to properly vent a direct vent gas fireplace... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey - I imagine this is a strange question this time of year, especially since it will e 90+ degrees in some parts of the country. At any rate, I am in the process of researching how to install a direct vent gas fireplace. I have heard from one fireplace store that the higher the vertical vent...

View more questions Search