Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevenmarquis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2018, 11:39 PM
    Previa Fuel Injector timing
    I had a couple stuck on injectors, which I just replaced, but I placed an O-Scope on the injector wires and found during start cycles that the injectors were turned on rather than pulsing. That sounds bad. The I reviewed, the firing order which is listed as one cylinder firing at a time, yet the schematic shows pairs of injectors ganged together. How can that possibly work?

It seems like the ECU is not sending the right signals but basically I cant understand how it could ever work with the injectors so ganged. Can anyone add some enlightenment?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2018, 05:39 AM
    That is what I understand to be called " Batch fire" where you will have multiple injectors fire at same time vs a true sequential with only one injector at a time. Like you said, if it was really out of whack, it would not run well. You can get away with it because they aren't direct injection, engine ingests nothing until the valve opens.

Originally limitations were technological in nature, then it became more cost vs results....now technology and cost is much less an issue and results (power, economy and emissions) are what drive it principally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Silverado fuel injector? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 96 silverado with a v8 305 vortec engine. I had problems with the fuel pressure and had the fuel pump replaced. The mechanic hooked up the computer and said that everything was working fine. About 10 days later my truck started acting funny again. When I am driving the whole truck...

1997 prizm with new fuel injector and fuel pressure regulator keeps flooding [ 1 Answers ]

My 1997 Prizm ran well until 1 1/2 months ago. One day during several weeks of wet weather, I was stopped at an intersection and the car stalled. It took several minutes of retrying and it finally started. I drove it home and put a can of dry gas into the fuel tank. It would no restart. A...

Installing a Fuel injector [ 1 Answers ]

How do you install a fuel injector for a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire? How much would it cost for the part? (I live in Canada) I was wondering how difficult would it be to install a fuel injector? I am a novice when it comes to cars, I can do the basic maintenance requirements when it comes to cars.

Timing on injector pump,6.2 liter [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering if any one no's witch way to turn the injector pump on a 6.2 liter to gain more hp?I no the timeing is line to line but was told if I advance it I can gain a little more HP.

View more questions Search