Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2018, 12:07 PM
    Hotel Fees
    One of our members checked in a hotel. $125.00 a night.
    But when they checked out a $50.00 in fees were tacked on the bill.
    Total $175.00
    Do you have solution to overcome this tactic
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 22, 2018, 12:11 PM
    There are groups fighting to end this, not just with hotels.
    For now I would call the cc company (assuming they paid with a card) and tell them you refuse the 50.
    They SHOULD take it off while it's in dispute.
    It depends on how the reservation was made.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2018, 12:40 PM
    Very good advice Joy
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2018, 01:04 PM
    Fees and taxes are never included in a price quote unless you ask and advertising has those small easily missed disclaimers 'excludes fee and taxes" at the bottom. So whenever you ask how much, ask about fees and taxes. Good luck getting out of it, but sorry the law isn't on your side, arbitration clause or NOT! Review the documents you signed when checking in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being on H1, can I claim Tution and Fees deduction for the fees I paid for my wife-F1 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am from India and has been on H1 (Resident Alien) since Oct 2011. My wife came to US on H4 in Nov 2012 and changed her status to F1 (Non-Resident Alien) in May 2014. My wife has been working on CPT since August 2014. My questions are: 1. Can I file jointly with my wife 2. As I paid...

Asking hotel permission to send our therapits to provide service in the hotel room [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I want to introduce our spa business to a hotel group and would like to put our brochure there. Further I want to send my staff to that hotel to provide room service, if the hotel clients needs the massage. how can I ask permission to the hotel management and to whom I have to write. I...

Deduct brokerage fees, appraisal fees and other closing costs on my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased my home in Calif in 2006 and refinances in 2007 to lower the interest rate. Can I deduct the brokerage fee, appraisal fee, flood fee, document fee, escrow fee and transfer fees? I paid all of the fees and did not include them in the refinance of my home. If I can decuct any of these...

View more questions Search