Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    My new life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2018, 10:42 AM
    Past history
    I am divorced and have met a great new guy. However, he has a problem with my past - like from 30+ years ago! I mistakenly was honest with him about the number of partners and that I had never really had a long relationship except my marriage, which was abusive - for many years. Now he continues to bring up "my nasty redneck ex", all the men who used and abused me over the years (really wasn't like that at all, but he is convinced). I don't know how to make him drop it! I don't want to hear about that one especially bad mistake anymore. I regret being honest with him. How do I deal with this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2018, 10:57 AM
    Dump him! Why settle for another BOZO? We all really like the new heart throb in the beginning, but you already know from experience what holding on to those feelings, and ignoring red flags of bad behavior gets you.

What? You think he is the only fish in the sea or something? What good is your freedom, and new life if you are going to make the same old bad mistakes again. That's insanity. Let this guy take his bad behavior elsewhere. You keep your dignity and self respect.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 22, 2018, 12:14 PM
    DITTO
    He sounds a lot like all the guys you knew before.
    Dump him without any explanations other than one sentence, just to show that you have resolve. No time to be wishy washy.
    How can you regret being honest???? REALLY?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2018, 01:11 PM
    I am concerned how you define "great guy". Is it opposite day?

The behaviors you are seeing now will only get worse.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 22, 2018, 04:52 PM
    I'm confused. What makes this guy so great because he doesn't sound great at all.

Your past is your past, and that's where it should stay. You should be able to be honest with the person you're in a relationship with, and not be judged because of that honesty. If he can't handle your past, he doesn't deserve your future.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2018, 05:21 PM
    I agree, he sounds like he needs to be the next "ex"

A person who loves you doesn't care about your past and most certainly would not be bringing it up
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 22, 2018, 10:49 PM
    You are jumping from one abusive relationship to another. This creep is already verbally abusive. It will only get worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Past History for two days [ 2 Answers ]

How do I view and delete history for today

History,past and deaths of my home. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My name is Christian. I moved my family and I to Stony point N.Y. from orlando. While living in our home in which we share with my older brothers family. We have been, well mostly me. Been experiancing weird and strange thing's. I often feel like someone is around me,when I know I'm...

How do I find past history on my computer? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is a question I have been trying to figure out. How do I find past history on my computer if my husband deleted it from the place where you type in web addresses?

Past history/weapons charge [ 3 Answers ]

OK so... 2007 my boyfriend was picked up and charged with a possession of a deadly weapon aggrevated assult causing bodily harm and he did 2 years and 8 months and was realeased in February of this year. Now just the other day he was in a parking lot in front of a store and a cop pulled up behind...

Adoption with past criminal history [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the process of adopting an infant. 15 years ago I was arrested of a felony for shop lifting. The charge was removed and there is no current criminal record on file. Myself and multiple employes have checked, so I know this to be true. Will the FBI criminal background check...

View more questions Search