Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lheiy17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2018, 07:53 AM
    Math
    Peter is thrice as old as his sister. Six years from now, he will be 2 years more than twice his brother's age. How old are they?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 21, 2018, 09:52 AM
    Two things:

1. We don't provide homework answers, but we will help you along. Show us your attempt at setting up the equation(s) for this problem, and we'll help if you get stuck.

2. In the problem statement you mention a sister in the first sentence and a brother in the second. This problem involves Peter and one sibling, not two.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2018, 10:21 AM
    I set up a formula to start figuring it out. Did you? Start with Peter and the sister. Once you get that another formula can be written and solved rather easily.

What did you get for the first part of your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?Math 110-finite math [ 1 Answers ]

A company's computer must consist of 4 letters with no repetition. How many passwords are possible?

Math help! Please help. [ 0 Answers ]

Find and simplify let P(x)=X^2x+3 1.p(-y) Simplify 2.(2b^2+3b-5)-(2b^2-4b-9) simplify 3. 3y(y+2)+(y+1)(y-1) simplify write all results with positive exponents

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

Which math is easier- college algbera or liberal arts math? [ 2 Answers ]

What math is easier- college algbera or liberal arts math?

I need math skills on this math problems [ 6 Answers ]

81 divided by 3726.83 divided by 3158

View more questions Search