Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnsPop Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2018, 07:32 AM
    Can't go shopping 'til I know what the colors are. I'm just taking a wild guess due to my color blindness. :) Really only reason Amazon is usually the first place I look is I have a prime membership and I won't have to pay $10 shipping to get a 2 cent part.... now I *may* have to order $10 worth of 2 cent parts to get free shipping, but that's a whole different ballgame. :D
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2018, 09:11 AM
    I haven't done any bench work since I left R&D a lot of years ago to get into something more lucrative. So I will have to look up some stuff, I fully expect a replacement part to go up in smoke fairly quick... but it wouldn't be an expensive chance to take. I'll see if I can look something up later if I don't get sidetracked. Currently at work and have to pick car up from Dealer tonight (warranty covered) before I do much of anything. Chokes color code means different things from a resistors.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2018, 12:34 PM
    The CH-7 Threw me, Thought it was a Board Number, Inductors are usually identified by an L?
    Transistors Use a Q as T was already used by Transformers which came out long before.

https://www.electronics2000.co.uk/ca...calculator.php

Mouser or Digi-key would be good sources for components.

I don't trust my eyes or photos colors to give a number. Good Luck
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2018, 11:06 AM
    Hear is another choke / inductor color code calculator , yep.. I got sidetracked.

https://www.vishay.com/inductors/color-code-calculator/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find a good heavy duty or industrial paper shredder [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a good heavy duty / industrial paper shredder within the $150 - $300 range if possible with all metal gears and internals. Any recommendations on where to look (stores, sites, specific company, etc.)? The reason I ask is because I'm getting fed up with buying shredders (budget...

Grass Shredder in the Philippines [ 1 Answers ]

Where I can buy grass shredder in the Philippines?

MTD 5.5HP Chipper/Shredder [ 25 Answers ]

I have the mentioned unit and I can't get it to turn over. It has a pull string starter and it doesn't seem to generate a spark. Should I check the plugs. I don't use it much and did not drain it for storage. But I have a lot of debris from branches that came doen in a storm so I really need it. ...

Blown gasket or blown cilynder [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... lets get down to it... I know nothing about cars... I am 17 and a girl and my dad know about as much about cars as I do. Well here's what's happened with my '97 saturn SL1 in the past few weeks. ~My oil light comes on... I tell my dad and he tells me to check it. My boyfriend and I check...

View more questions Search