Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Dwyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2018, 01:21 PM
    Kvf-38rmn inoperative?
    I have a ventless gas firelog fireplace. The model # is kvf-38rmn. The igniter works and gas gets to the unit. The switch that turns the unit on checks out OK with a multimeter, as do the wires to the valve. I get no power reading at the valve with or without the switch wires connected. Multimeter reads nothing at the valve. There are no popped circuit breakers.
    Now I am stopped! I can't find anyone with an answer for me, other than "rip out the entire fireplace and put in a new model" for $$$$$$$$$$$$$!
    The wires from the wall switch have no shorts, and do have continuity from the switch to the valve. The wall switch functions perfectly. I disconnected the blade connections from the valve and checked the incoming two wires for power, and found none. Now I am lost...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2018, 10:58 AM
    What is the brand of this fireplace or the gas valve number (both would be great), as I could find nothing with just the model number you provided. I suspect the gas valve or thermocouple but without more info it's a rather poor guess. Is there a service number, serial number, manufacturers tag, or manual?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air handler blower inoperative [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I have a heil furnace.the blower motor in the air handler is not working.I have checked for power to the motor,and believe I have no power to it.I checked for power from the cutoff switch to the relay and have power to the relay,but no power from the relay to the motor.

Inoperative furnace [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar DC 90. Waking up to a cold house I discovered the small blower was running but the furnace would not light. I took everything apart that I could and cleaned everything. It started but once it shuts off it won't relight. I managed to get it running twice but always with the same...

Inoperative radio [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 02 dodge quad cab that my radio comes on then quits. It doesn't matter weather I'm using the cassette deck or the radio. The clock continues to work, the fuses have been changed. I even replaced the radio and the replacement does the same thing.

Floppy disk drive inoperative [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Dell XPS T600r computer. Floppy disk drive was installed by Dell. Recently, The drive doesn't work. It is shown as Drive A in My Computer, but when I click on it, it says " Please insert disk into drived A....I do reclick drive A and the same message reappears. If I try to copy something to...

View more questions Search