Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sher22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2018, 01:03 PM
    Facebook
    Hi
    I'm very disturbed ,somebody started making fake accounts of my friends and used my name .
    My friends are accusing me and blocked me from everywhere.I have apologised and explained but they don't believe me.
    Please suggest something.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2018, 01:14 PM
    You had better contact Facebook and get to the bottom of this. Does anyone else besides you have access to your Facebook account?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2018, 04:05 PM
    Sadly this happens all too often. Identity theft on Facebook is a common thing. Your friends should be smart enough to know this.

I agree with Tal, contact Facebook and let them know this is going on. Make your account more secure. Don't repost those memes that say "if you agree, like and share" those are used to hack your account. Also the "type Amen" ones, and chain letters, and anyone that says "copy and paste to your account, don't share" are all used by hackers. Be aware of what goes on online so that you can protect yourself as much as possible.

As for your friends, if they don't believe you then they obviously aren't very good friends. Maybe you're better off without them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2018, 08:20 PM
    Happens all the time, they do this for various scams, They will also often send messages, multi media with a virus attached.

If your friends don't know about this, tell them to Google it. And if they don't believe you they were never really a friend. Just someone you knew who did not really trust or like you a lot anyway.

Good way to find out who real friends are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook [ 12 Answers ]

How do delete add friends. A lot of persons I do not know. And second how Do you get rid of all the commercials on my face book page. I look at the setting And cannot figure it out?

Facebook? Or maybe not? [ 8 Answers ]

I am considering getting a Facebook. I once heard a story about someone who had a Facebook and (I don't remember all the details) but someone found her contact info and she was raped (I'm not sure if the story is even true). Is there anything I should consider before getting one? Is anyone able to...

Can't log in to Facebook [ 4 Answers ]

Since this morning I can't log in on Facebook. It will always ask me to log in even after I log in.. I tried to reset password but it says : "Reset Password Unavailable We're sorry, reset password isn't available right now. Please try again later".. help me.. my husband can log in to his Facebook...

View more questions Search