Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pearlk1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2018, 01:13 AM
    My husband needs to renew his german passport please advise the procedure in cape tow
    Renewal of German passport.

My husband has permanent residence in South Africa, his German passport has expired. Please advise where to go, what to take along and should he make an appointment?

May thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2018, 05:46 AM
    Only way he's going to do that is through the German Embassy or Consulate. Nobody else can do it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2018, 03:51 PM
    I too am a German citizen not living in Germany. To renew my passport I have to go to the German consulate. For a time we didn't have a German consulate where I live so I had to submit everything by mail, and have everything I sent notarized. Sadly that's not possible anymore because of their new fingerprint system. So he'll have to find a consulate near him in order to get this done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2018, 07:00 PM
    Agreed, you have to go to the German consulate or embassy. You will have to call them and make an appointment, (or email) they can tell you what to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Procedure to renew portuguese passport in in UAE [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in Kuwait what are the procedure or paper work to renew a passport in UAE

Renew German Passport by mail [ 0 Answers ]

I am a friend of an elderly gentleman who is challenged to travel to another state to visit the German consulate to renew his expired German passport. Are there any non-consulate visit exceptions available to someone who is unable to travel to San Francisco from Hawaii?

German passport agents in cape town [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any agents in Cape Town that can organise a German passport for a South African born to German parents?

Renew German Passport in Cape Town? [ 0 Answers ]

I am the holder of a German passport issued in Zimbabwe. I now live in Cape Town and my passport is due for renewal. Do you still require my birth certificate, marriage certificate, citizenship paper (I have dual having been born in South Africa of German parents) etc. Re the photos, as I...

How do I renew a german passport I had as a child and still have possession of [ 1 Answers ]

How do I renew a german passport that I got as a child

View more questions Search