Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copticruiser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2018, 08:52 PM
    Can a probation officer make me move from home
    My family wants me home the courts won't approve my home Im stuck renting I cant financially afford it I will become homeless. Can they force me to rent can I go home legally? My sentence didn't fit the crime. I pushed my son no marks they charged me with uttering threats 12 months not home, 3yr crim record?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2018, 12:31 AM
    If you go against the courts your probation can be revoked, which would mean jail.

Why won't they approve your families home? What reason are they giving? You can always hire a lawyer and try to appeal their decision, or find a cheaper place to rent with their approval.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2018, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by copticruiser View Post
    My family wants me home the courts won't approve my home Im stuck renting I cant financially afford it I will become homeless. Can they force me to rent can I go home legally? My sentence didn't fit the crime. I pushed my son no marks they charged me with uttering threats 12 months not home, 3yr crim record?
    They have the authority, of course they can always revoke your probation and reinstate the actual sentence handed down. I think that is worse. Take on a part time job to supplement your income. That's what others short of money do. I know people with two or even three jobs to allow them to stay ahead of bills. Or as ALTY points out, there is that option (find cheaper place)...but if you are having a hard time paying the rent, I can't see how you can afford to pay a lawyer to file an appeal.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2018, 07:09 AM
    The story seems to be missing several details.
    The court ordered you of the home that houses the son who was pushed.
    The court also ordered that the apartment rental be suitable for visits, perhaps?
    If you can't afford that kind of apartment, then apply to the court to be allowed to visit at a McDonald's or some other place.
    You really need a lawyer who can help you reduce the sentence, but you just aren't telling the whole story.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2018, 07:03 PM
    Yes they can order you not to go home. And not to have contact. If you do go, they will put you back into jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a probation officer make you move [ 1 Answers ]

Can my Probation officer make me move out of my house and into a homeless shelter? Because my mom drinks?

Can a PA probation officer make me move from my home state of Jersey to Pa? [ 1 Answers ]

I lived my whole life in NJ and caught sum charges in PA. I received probation for my charges and my PO is trying to make me move to Pa. Can she do that?

I have a new probation officer who is trying to make me move to the county of offense [ 1 Answers ]

She doesn't want to drive for visits, I have no car and there is no public transportation were she is trying to get me to move. I have a stable job and home, she actually told me I could live at the Salvation Army while I finish out the last 6 months!

Why probation officer waits a year to make home visit [ 2 Answers ]

Why did it take my probation officer a year before she made a home visit,are no drug testing resulting in gun's and 2 joints probation violation

Can my probation officer say that my wife has to move out of our home? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin. I got married about 4 months ago and have since been put on probation. My probation officer has now told me that my wife has to move out of the home. I have a toddler that she cares for when I work (not her child) this will cause a significant problem and I don't understand why...

View more questions Search